Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

2011-08-21 Sunrise Lake

Old 08-21-2011, 09:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011-08-21 Sunrise Lake

Yeah I went wheeling without y'all

The wifey asked to go last night at 10pm and I didn't think there was any point in posting an invite. So we decided to drop the demon spawn off at my folks place and head up Sunrise. I figured I could do the whole thing in 3 hours give or take including the drive back to collect the kids so why not. Well on a 30 degree Sunday, the west Harrison looks more like highway 1 crossing the Port Mann bridge going into Vancouver on a Canucks game night.... Oh yeah and I did the trail topless....

As usual I ran into a vast cross section of people from the LMD; from Quaders and dirt bikers to Jeeps and Toys and everything in between. I didn't make the wife scramble across the trail for photos this trip but I did get a couple of shots...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03177.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	200513Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03210.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	200515Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03178.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	200516Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03179.jpg
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	200517Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03180.jpg
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	200518

So on the drive home... I realize I've left the Jeep in 4hi. There were no clunks bumps or binding so I cursed quietly under my breath so as not to alarm wifey and attempt to shift into 2 on the fly...

Hmmmm that felt weird... And why the hell is the 4WD light still on..... I'll try it again..... Nope same result... Perhaps I'm imagining things.... I KNOW! I'll do the exact same thing again! That'll fix it!...... Nope still felt weird and the light is still on... F***....

So I pull on to the shoulder of Hwy 7 and get the "WTF did you do!" look from wifey... Thinking that there might be a gear issue I place the truck in reverse and try shifting while in reverse and sawing the wheel... No dice... F***

So now I'm thoroughly pissed off and I take my anger out on the e-brake, yanking it up to the top notch.... Well wouldn't you know that's exactly where Chrissy left the F***ing camera.....

CRUNCH

F***...... F*** F*** F*** F*** F***!!!!!

The base of the e-brake lever wedged the camera into the bottom of the center console overhang hard enough to break the flash.....

On the up side Chrissy immediately forgot that there was anything wrong with the Jeep.

So at this point I avoided eye contact and slid out of the door and rolled under the Jeep.... And there it was... the damn shifter linkage had broken off during the spirited drive off the trail... I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that I could slide it back on and shift into 2 and we'd be on our way... thats when I remembered the camera.... I just broke a $700 camera getting pissed about a $2 part that broke on the Jeep... F***

I thought about staying under the Jeep until she came looking for me then quickly getting in and taking off... But then I'd be alone with the kids..... OK time to face the music...

I open the drivers door and Chrissy has the "How much is this going to cost" look... So I tell her we'll be on our way shortly and that the part is only a couple of bucks... That's when she holds out her camera......

$2 part or not... That trip cost me a thousand bucks.....
Old 08-21-2011, 09:39 PM
JK Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03189.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	200537Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03188.jpg
Views:	96
ID:	200534Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03196.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	200535Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03187.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	200536Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03188.jpg
Views:	96
ID:	200534
Old 08-22-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm hurt that you didn't give me a call to go along.

Oh well I couldn't have gone anyhow. I bedlined the whole interior yesterday and now the fun of trying to put it all back together.

That sucks about the camera.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TONKA
I'm hurt that you didn't give me a call to go along.

Oh well I couldn't have gone anyhow. I bedlined the whole interior yesterday and now the fun of trying to put it all back together.

That sucks about the camera.
What product did you use and how did it turn out?
Old 08-22-2011, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dupli-Color Bed Armor, looks pretty good in my opion. Since my final coat was at about 7:00pm last night it's still a bit soft.

Quick Reply: 2011-08-21 Sunrise Lake