Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Another mod order in the process.....

Old 11-30-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another mod order in the process.....

Well....I seem to be never done modding my rig, so here's my latest order to be finalized by tomorrow....

From Northridge.....

-Superchips Flashpaq X3....yes 3 of them....there's a couple other guys that want them too (no group buy thread aloud here)
-EVO C2 Gussets + front control arm skids
-EVO rear contol arm skids

From NorthShore Offroad...

- Rear Smitty XRC bumper + tire carrier with tow package.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve
Well....I seem to be never done modding my rig, so here's my latest order to be finalized by tomorrow....

From Northridge.....

-Superchips Flashpaq X3....yes 3 of them....there's a couple other guys that want them too (no group buy thread aloud here)
-EVO C2 Gussets + front control arm skids
-EVO rear contol arm skids

From NorthShore Offroad...

- Rear Smitty XRC bumper + tire carrier with tow package.

Wowzer Steve.... Tell me about it with regards to mods....it just NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!

Rear bumper Tire Carrier....= when are the 37's coming.....before Spring Whipsaw run 2010???

Did you get a good deal on the Smitty bumper???
Old 11-30-2009, 02:21 PM
JK Super Freak

steve, instead of the rear control arm skids i would suggest doing the EVO Rockstars instead, i did them recently and they act as a skid while also moving the shock mount up 1.5" which makes a world of difference so the shock mounts are not constantly being smashed.

and i know what you mean about the modding never ends! I'm gonna be going to 37's in the spring! and a new rear bumper/tire carrier...and axle sleeves, and gussets, and modding my front bumper haha it never every stops!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Freak

Awesome Steve! Bad a$$ Jeep!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07Rubi2dr
steve, instead of the rear control arm skids i would suggest doing the EVO Rockstars instead, i did them recently and they act as a skid while also moving the shock mount up 1.5" which makes a world of difference so the shock mounts are not constantly being smashed.

and i know what you mean about the modding never ends! I'm gonna be going to 37's in the spring! and a new rear bumper/tire carrier...and axle sleeves, and gussets, and modding my front bumper haha it never every stops!

New Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier? Whats wrong with your LOD???
Old 11-30-2009, 02:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubicon_Fan
New Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier? Whats wrong with your LOD???
nothing really...its just too heavy for my liking, and when i go to do 37's in the spring thats gonna be a ton of weight on the back of the jeep...and i wanna fab up my own rear bumper
Old 11-30-2009, 03:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Wowzer Steve.... Tell me about it with regards to mods....it just NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!

Rear bumper Tire Carrier....= when are the 37's coming.....before Spring Whipsaw run 2010???

Did you get a good deal on the Smitty bumper???
Ya 37's will be my next tire for sure.....still waiting though....I am not sure when....I don't mind the 35's with this lift, but when I change 37's will be the ones.

Ya I think I got a good deal.....every place I searched for in the US was $760-& $799USD.....our dollar is about 95 cents US, so after shipping, and taxes etc.....i think it would be about the same....Northshore Offroad will give it to me for jsut over $900 CAD good price I think.....I know about 2 weeks ago, there was a promotion on the same bumper for around $500, but that is long gone...

I already inquired about those and was about to order them, but I would have to change/alter my Bumpstops, cause you gain flex, and I dont want to bottom out the shock.....Did you change your bumpstops? My lift is different than yours.....

Originally Posted by Geeper4x4
You have a great list of mods to the Rubi. I know the Superchips will make a big difference in the way it drives. Since you have already put in the 5.13's it won't feel that dramatic but it will be noticeable. I can't wait to get one for my rig. I drove a JK with the Superchips and 35's and then mine back to back on the same road so I'm sure that I really want this upgrade. Congrats on the order...waiting, shipping date....waiting...check on location....waiting!
I haven't driven any JK with the Superchips..but I know it will help out, any added HP is great, but I like all the other features too....high idle, speedo, tire, gear recal...etc...

Originally Posted by Rubicon_Fan
Awesome Steve! Bad a$$ Jeep!!!
it's coming bud.....I ordered the ARB tire deflator for ya too Will confirm order tomorrow
Old 11-30-2009, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

i didn't have to change anything. still using my bump stops that came with my 2.5" TF with my OME LT shocks. if you search on here there is a thread somewhere where evo gives directions on how to see if they will work with your set up. basically you measure your shock compressed length (to the shock mount), measure the distance between your bumpstop and axle and subtract that from the shock length if the difference is greater than 1.5" your good to go. If you can I do suggest doing them. If you search you should be able to find that thread, I would look but i'm just about to run out!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

nothing really...its just too heavy for my liking, and when i go to do 37's in the spring thats gonna be a ton of weight on the back of the jeep...and i wanna fab up my own rear bumper
I really liked the LOD you have, but would prefer the shorty LOD bumper over the full width, also the LOD's are almost $600-$800 more than the Smitty XRC.

Northshore has an XRC rear with tire carrier in their showroom, the quality is awesome, super tough looking bumper, and is a shorty. The company used to have issues with the handle, but has since been corrected...I will probably end up bedlining the bumper within the year for a durable finish. I love the angles and look of this bumper, and it should finish off the look of my rig.. i think it's still a pretty heavy bumper though.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

i didn't have to change anything. still using my bump stops that came with my 2.5" TF with my OME LT shocks. if you search on here there is a thread somewhere where evo gives directions on how to see if they will work with your set up. basically you measure your shock compressed length (to the shock mount), measure the distance between your bumpstop and axle and subtract that from the shock length if the difference is greater than 1.5" your good to go. If you can I do suggest doing them. If you search you should be able to find that thread, I would look but i'm just about to run out!
I really wanted them...so maybe I'll research it a bit more and just get them too....i'll probably talk to Tera Flex to see what they suggest......I really don't want to buy new bumpstops.....thanks Dave....

Quick Reply: Another mod order in the process.....