JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Western Canada (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/western-canada-107/)
-   -   Auto lockers on ice (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/western-canada-107/auto-lockers-ice-108009/)

JEEP THRILLS 11-10-2009 09:53 AM

Auto lockers on ice

ANYBODY RUNNING AN AUTO LOCKER UP FRONT ON THERE DD. I KEEP GETTIN MIXED REVIEWS BUT MOST PEOPLE ON THIS SITE LIVE IN THE STATES. WOULD BE NICE TO TALK TO SOMEONE WITH ONE THAT DRIVES ON NORTHERN ALBERTA ROADS IN THE WINTER. I REALIZE IN 4X4 IT WILL SUCK, MORE WORRIED ABOUT ICY HIGHWAYS:thinking:

john smack 11-10-2009 11:25 AM

I drove a toyota with welded axles and i couldnt turn corners on the ice, i would have to just run around with 1 hub locked. i imagine that a lunchbox wouldnt be much better

JEEP THRILLS 11-10-2009 12:49 PM

i guess i should quit being cheep and get a selectable one eh!

john smack 11-10-2009 12:54 PM

do you have one in the back?:beer:

JEEP THRILLS 11-10-2009 01:15 PM

no just the stock limited slip wich is already starting to go. plan locking both(selectable) just don't have alot of cash or santa isn't going to show for alot of people.

john smack 11-10-2009 01:38 PM

LOL:beer::beer:

Alaska-HWY JK 11-10-2009 02:32 PM

Aussie

I'll tell you as as winter progresses. I know in mud it's hard to turn out of a rut so with the power on on slippery surfaces it won't be as good as open. If you're in Grande Prarie you got that same wet snow we did, I drove around town in 4wd some and it wasn't bad. The streets were real icy. One side will unlock if you arn't putting the power to it to hard. I don't use 4wd on the highawy ever in my own vehicles so it won't bother me there. If I really don't like it I'll through the spider gears back in till spring. It's a pretty cost effective locker till you can get a D44 with selectable's. It's about the most money I'm willing to part with for D30 upgrades. (Northern BC)

john smack 11-10-2009 02:40 PM

Hows your Rubi Crawler workin out? :beer:

Alaska-HWY JK 11-10-2009 02:53 PM

AA Rubicrawler

:thumbsup:Asskickingly! Although it probably won't see much low/low use till spring. If you're going through Dawson drop in and check it out. You can usually see it parked in the driveway when you hit the passing lane at Mile 6.5
Ron O.

JEEP THRILLS 11-10-2009 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK (Post 1422312)
I'll tell you as as winter progresses. I know in mud it's hard to turn out of a rut so with the power on on slippery surfaces it won't be as good as open. If you're in Grande Prarie you got that same wet snow we did, I drove around town in 4wd some and it wasn't bad. The streets were real icy. One side will unlock if you arn't putting the power to it to hard. I don't use 4wd on the highawy ever in my own vehicles so it won't bother me there. If I really don't like it I'll through the spider gears back in till spring. It's a pretty cost effective locker till you can get a D44 with selectable's. It's about the most money I'm willing to part with for D30 upgrades. (Northern BC)

see i can't put my spiders back in as they are the reason for the up-grade so in 2wd you can't tell its there(icy condition)