Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Auto lockers on ice

Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Auto lockers on ice

ANYBODY RUNNING AN AUTO LOCKER UP FRONT ON THERE DD. I KEEP GETTIN MIXED REVIEWS BUT MOST PEOPLE ON THIS SITE LIVE IN THE STATES. WOULD BE NICE TO TALK TO SOMEONE WITH ONE THAT DRIVES ON NORTHERN ALBERTA ROADS IN THE WINTER. I REALIZE IN 4X4 IT WILL SUCK, MORE WORRIED ABOUT ICY HIGHWAYS
Old 11-10-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove a toyota with welded axles and i couldnt turn corners on the ice, i would have to just run around with 1 hub locked. i imagine that a lunchbox wouldnt be much better
Old 11-10-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Super Freak

i guess i should quit being cheep and get a selectable one eh!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

do you have one in the back?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Super Freak

no just the stock limited slip wich is already starting to go. plan locking both(selectable) just don't have alot of cash or santa isn't going to show for alot of people.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:38 PM
JK Junkie

LOL
Old 11-10-2009, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Aussie

I'll tell you as as winter progresses. I know in mud it's hard to turn out of a rut so with the power on on slippery surfaces it won't be as good as open. If you're in Grande Prarie you got that same wet snow we did, I drove around town in 4wd some and it wasn't bad. The streets were real icy. One side will unlock if you arn't putting the power to it to hard. I don't use 4wd on the highawy ever in my own vehicles so it won't bother me there. If I really don't like it I'll through the spider gears back in till spring. It's a pretty cost effective locker till you can get a D44 with selectable's. It's about the most money I'm willing to part with for D30 upgrades. (Northern BC)
Old 11-10-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Junkie

Hows your Rubi Crawler workin out?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default AA Rubicrawler

Asskickingly! Although it probably won't see much low/low use till spring. If you're going through Dawson drop in and check it out. You can usually see it parked in the driveway when you hit the passing lane at Mile 6.5
Ron O.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
I'll tell you as as winter progresses. I know in mud it's hard to turn out of a rut so with the power on on slippery surfaces it won't be as good as open. If you're in Grande Prarie you got that same wet snow we did, I drove around town in 4wd some and it wasn't bad. The streets were real icy. One side will unlock if you arn't putting the power to it to hard. I don't use 4wd on the highawy ever in my own vehicles so it won't bother me there. If I really don't like it I'll through the spider gears back in till spring. It's a pretty cost effective locker till you can get a D44 with selectable's. It's about the most money I'm willing to part with for D30 upgrades. (Northern BC)
see i can't put my spiders back in as they are the reason for the up-grade so in 2wd you can't tell its there(icy condition)

Quick Reply: Auto lockers on ice