Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Christmas!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 01:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Christmas!!!

Well....got the word....the wife is allowing me to add a few accessories to the JK for Christmas!!! I am looking at ordering the LOD mid-width front bumper, superchips Flashpaq, windshield lights and brackets, and even she is thinking about allowing me to order the LOD rear bumper with tire carrier with lights and third brake light. Happy Christmas to me I have been talking with Stan at Northridge!

Also, still deciding on a winch...not really sure which one...any suggestions???....Price range I am looking at $700-900 for winch. If anyone finds one on Kijiji...let me know!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 02:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
...Also, still deciding on a winch...not really sure which one...any suggestions???....Price range I am looking at $700-900 for winch. If anyone finds one on Kijiji...let me know!!!
any brand in particular?? any brand to avoid??
Old 11-22-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
any brand in particular?? any brand to avoid??
WARN is top of the list...but dang they are pricey. I was considering ordering the smittybilt XRC10 from Quadrtec...but not sure on shipping costs.

Not sure on the Superwinch from Canadian tire..what they are like.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would suggest the superwinch. mine was on sale for 350$, reg. 399. its never failed me, used it underwater etc always has come through, its not the quickest winch but it for the price i'm not complaining. I've seen a whole bunch of "top of the line" quit, when mines kept going. I dont really understand spending lots of money on a winch like that. if your gonna spend that much look for the superwinch epi9.0 i've heard really good things about them (mine is the 8500).

sounds like a nice Christmas list though, you must have been a good boy
Old 11-22-2009, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07Rubi2dr
i would suggest the superwinch. mine was on sale for 350$, reg. 399. its never failed me, used it underwater etc always has come through, its not the quickest winch but it for the price i'm not complaining. I've seen a whole bunch of "top of the line" quit, when mines kept going. I dont really understand spending lots of money on a winch like that. if your gonna spend that much look for the superwinch epi9.0 i've heard really good things about them (mine is the 8500).

unless your clutch is dead and your on the whipsaw...and your winch sounds like its going to explode while winching through and up thick black swamp mudddddd. ahahah had to say it dave cheers buddy cant wait for your return.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by geebee
unless your clutch is dead and your on the whipsaw...and your winch sounds like its going to explode while winching through and up thick black swamp mudddddd. ahahah had to say it dave cheers buddy cant wait for your return.
haha i knew you would pipe up.

still mike, thats why you buy the cheap winch and wheel with guys who spend absurd amounts of money on their "fancy" winches just incase you need to get out quickly. otherwise the cheapo works just fine.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Oh yeah mike good list. My girlfriend bought me synthetic line for my fancy winch for Xmas. Picking it up from northridge this week.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Well....got the word....the wife is allowing me to add a few accessories to the JK for Christmas!!! I am looking at ordering the LOD mid-width front bumper, superchips Flashpaq, windshield lights and brackets, and even she is thinking about allowing me to order the LOD rear bumper with tire carrier with lights and third brake light. Happy Christmas to me I have been talking with Stan at Northridge!

Also, still deciding on a winch...not really sure which one...any suggestions???....Price range I am looking at $700-900 for winch. If anyone finds one on Kijiji...let me know!!!
Nice Mike, congrats...makes me want to buy something too I am thinking my rig needs a xmas present too, maybe a rear bumper

Keep you eyes on Craigslist for winches....

still mike, thats why you buy the cheap winch and wheel with guys who spend absurd amounts of money on their "fancy" winches just incase you need to get out quickly. otherwise the cheapo works just fine.
I have always ran Warn, never had a problem...knock knock...they are stellar winches.... I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for
Old 11-22-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Jedi

Yeah...somewhat of a good boy.. Also, Dave my JK was feeling a little naked when it saw your Jeep at whipsaw I was thinking about the Superwinch at Canadian tire...for the price..can't complain....I mean the number of times I may use it will be a few times a year if lucky!

LOL....that's true..make sure you have a few fella's with the warns!

Oh yeah mike good list. My girlfriend bought me synthetic line for my fancy winch for Xmas. Picking it up from northridge this week.
If I can find a good price winch would love to get the synthetic line! Excited the wifey is allowing some $ going to the jeep! She knows I love wheeling and taking the kids on a few trips....so in the end it's worth it to make a few more family memories!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve
Nice Mike, congrats...makes me want to buy something too I am thinking my rig needs a xmas present too, maybe a rear bumper

Keep you eyes on Craigslist for winches....

Thanks' Steve.... Better be extra nice to Raluca leading up to Christmas and you may see a nice rear bumper under the tree!

I will have to keep my eyes peeled on Craigslist and Kijiji for sure! I like the Warns...as a few friends have run them and they never failed.

Quick Reply: Christmas!!!