Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

I hate dealers

Old 03-10-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate dealers

Today i took my jeep to the dealer because it pops out of 2nd and sometimes 3rd when i am accelerating (for the 3rd time), and to see if they have a fix for hood jump. Well let me tell you, the stuppidity i deal with.

The service lady told me that the hood jumping is only happening in the states and i don't know what i was talking about, and the tech drove my jeep for about 2km's (i set my trip meter) and he never had a problem with my tranny again.

i think i should call the support # or something.

On a good note the tech realized my washerfluid tank was cracked (probably from last nights -45 temps) and ordered a new one

Last edited by hiddenprey; 03-10-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

It's a shame when dealerships pull that crap. On the other hand, I have nothing but good things to say about Langley Chrysler... The service staff haven't denied me once on a warranty claim! Props to Langley Chrysler!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:02 PM
JK Super Freak

x2. hood spring removal works awesome.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spillidge
I have been dealing with Willowbrook but I am not too sure about the service department.
I think I am going to start heading down the road a bit to Langley Chrysler.

You can fix your hood flutter by taking off the hood spring. That is all that I did and it hasn't moved since.

Regarding popping out of gear, I think you can check your shifter boot. Take off the plastic cover and make sure its lined up correctly. It may help.

Good luck with your dealer!
they changed the shift boot the first time it went in but i think i will look on saturday and take the spring off

Thanks

Quick Reply: I hate dealers