Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

July whipsaw run

Old 07-23-2010, 06:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did not get my Transfer Case Breather extended....ended up being a long day. I got the call my 9 year old daughter was out mountain biking at Mt. McPherson this AM with her Cross Country Mt Bike Instructor when she hit a rock and fell and rolled down an embankment with big rocks and rolled and smacked her head on some big rocks and the end of the crash a big branch finally got her!

She ended up going to the hospital for 3 stitches near her eye and noise because of the branch. Also, looks like she will have 2 good black eyes. She was lucky she had all the equipment and full face helmet or she would have broken her jaw and possibly noise. She was all worried at the hospital that her whipsaw trip with dad was over!

Well, my little princess is ready for the trip a little battered and bruised but a big trooper! She helped load up the Jeep and packed her bag...not to be left behind! Well, she will get some pampering by her dad this weekend! We are both excited and ready for this Trip....See you all in the AM!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope everyone had a safe fun time! i'm very choked I couldnt make it out.....but here is the reason why:
Old 07-25-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 07Rubi2dr
hope everyone had a safe fun time! i'm very choked I couldnt make it out.....but here is the reason why:
ouch what happened there?

people load them pichers for the ones who didn't make the trip!

Edit: found your post about the incident, sucks that the little mistake forced you to miss the trip

Last edited by gump124; 07-25-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

Wow! My first whipsaw trip was a great experience!

So for an update to the guys who were helping me try to figure out why my passenger side tire was pointing out. I made my way into Kamloops and after trying to do my own alignment into the wee hours I decided to give up and go to bed. After waking up I made some calls and was directed to local 4x4 shop in town. I took it there and had it aligned. I found out that everything was in good order except for my bent tie rod end. It was only bent slightly but put my toe out by 2".

The tech put things back in spec and said it's fine to drive on but he said it is probably weak and should be replaced. So next thing on the list (aside from a snorkel) is a rock krawler tie rod.

Oh and what a small world. The tech who aligned my jk is the guy who put the placard on memorial rock on the whipsaw in memory of his brother in law. He was a nice guy and good to talk with.

Last edited by Northern Wrangler; 07-26-2010 at 11:07 PM.

Quick Reply: July whipsaw run