Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

last minute trip to hut lake...

Old 09-18-2009, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default last minute trip to hut lake...

Me and steve are going there tomorow. We are meeting at 1030 at the alice lake turn off off hwy 99 in squamish. Anyone interested , call me at 6049350909 . Seb...
Old 09-18-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

Damnit! I just took an OT shift!!!! Lotsa pics guys!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

bring your clippers and bug-spray. have fun boys
Old 09-18-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Junkie

It should be fun.....probably a little wet too....for the LMD guys....it's only 45 mins North from Vancouver to get to the meeting place....we willl take some good pics....
Old 09-19-2009, 08:27 PM
JK Junkie

Here are a few pics from today......Went up to Hut Lake, Sebastien and I had to do some serious bush clearing for about an hour if we didn't want to have permanent deep scratches....it was a good workout, so the trail is now 3/4's cleared.....trail is not that difficult....only a couple play areas....one section at the head, and one spot at the end by the lake.

I managed to have the lucky 3 strikes of bad luck today.......

-smacked my front passenger fender on a tree (while I was looking out my window at my back tire going over a huge rock) broke a few clips still on , and not dented though.
-Left my $45 axe up at the lake, and didn't realize until we were out, and back in Squamish airing up.
-My electric Sway bar disconnect refuses to re-attach.....I tried everything to get it hooked back up...but it will not....my JK has started to do this worse each time....and today it doesn't want to re-attach.... I can feel and hear it trying to engage, but it will not......

All in all it wasn't too bad..... We tried to then go up to Starvation Lake after hooking up with a co-worker in his FJ.....only made it a few kms up the the trail to the train track crossing, but it is now completely blocked off with a huge Concrete wall.....obvious done by the railway.....and no way around.....

So we took a few poser shot down by the river, where the Salmon run is in full effect.....

Here are a few pics of the day....had some good 3 wheelin action up at the lake on the this rock wall...

Cont......
Old 09-19-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Junkie

Old 09-19-2009, 08:58 PM
JK Super Freak

nice pics steve. last time up there the bushwacking was insaneeeee!!! thanks for the clean-up.

seb your rig looks good!! time for a new front bumper.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:12 PM
JK Junkie

Yup, it was soo bad......we went about half way...then bit the bullet, and cleared like madmen....I have pruning sheers, and (used to have a sweet Axe)an axe to clear up.....I think a full size F350 could fit now with out scratches after the halfway point....maybe next time someone else will the the first part....

Ya, Seb's rig looks good....makes me jealous....I really have to get the 4 inch LA soon.....but it's sooooo freakin expensive.....but I will get it soon enough.....not sure though if I will install one until spring though.....we will see..
Old 09-19-2009, 09:21 PM
JK Super Freak

once my 33s need replacing im going to get stupid. i've got some money coming my way at 25 and figured i would make my late grandmother proud

dude i cant wait for whipsaw again this fall.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Nice pics guys. Jealous I couldn't come

Quick Reply: last minute trip to hut lake...