Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Quick Eagle Run 16th, couldnt make the last one....

Old 01-17-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picture failllllll
Old 01-17-2010, 04:39 PM
JK Junkie

wow wow wow...getting attacked here......raluca and i just walked in the door....we stayed down for a couple nites.....I will upload pics tonite.....a bit of carnage on my part...hehehe....
Old 01-17-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Junkie

At the end of the day only Dustin and I ended up going, as the other two couldn't make it

Anyway, Dustin and I consumed a wee bit the night before, and were feeling the effects of .....not feeling our, luckily the weather was on our side, as it was totally sunny and quite warm out....

Entered Ridge I did the usual couple holes, and wow what a difference with this lift, I have so much more clearance now over the 2.5BB...I didn't have to pick my lines as much, and it was effortless to go thru.....

Once we started up the Y trail about 500 meters after the short pavement part, I climbed up one of the small rock walls.....my spotter (who was the camera person too) kinda missed this rather large rock I ended up straddling and taking out my (already dented) TF steering stabilizer...bending it so much, I couldn't even turn the wheel to the right at all.....then I had the pleasure of attempting to remove it without the proper tools.....I could only remove one side (after about 45mins of trying to remove the other side)..I zip tied it to the axle and carried on....We went up to the viewpoint and then back down.....Dustin did drive up the last leg, as it was really slick.....It took me a few tries, but I got it. The second part at the top was more difficult then the first for so reason....

Last edited by 07rubisteve; 01-17-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:37 PM
JK Junkie

This rock on the left far left side was the culprit of destroying my SS....

Old 01-17-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Junkie

Struggled here on the upper part of the last leg....more trouble here than before

Old 01-17-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

nice pics... looks like a nice dry day. not like our run a few weeks back . tools tools tools man hahaha i just bought some more. what lift is dustin running ??? BB ??? cheers, grant.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by geebee
nice pics... looks like a nice dry day. not like our run a few weeks back . tools tools tools man hahaha i just bought some more. what lift is dustin running ??? BB ??? cheers, grant.
oh I have tools my friend, I think everything from torque wrench to tire plugs yadiyadiyadda.....just not an 18mm open wrench.....had the sockets and trusty monkey wrenches, vicegrips, etc.......but socket wouldn't fit between the tie rod and the SS.....needed an open wrench....man I got mad at the world..... it looks totally hick all ziptied up.....do what ya gotta do....but you know what, I know you don't need an SS for regular driving, but my suspension must be dialed in, as I couldn't tell the difference, even when hitting bumps and road inperfections at any speed.

Dustin is running a 3 inch BDS/Zone coil lift, wheel spacers, and 35's.......and it worked great......

Last edited by 07rubisteve; 01-17-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pictures Steve...looked like a fantastic day besides your carnage. I need a wheeling trip soon!...just too damn much snow in my area to get anywhere.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What tools/materials do you all carry? What about parts? How do you keep them retained in the jeep? Sounds like a good idea to purchase a small jo-box and bolt it down in the back of the jeep?

Aaa!!! The spending never ends!

I should just make one, a full 4'x8' 1/4" steel is $277 for me. If I make it out of 1/8" steel, in time and labour and design is it worth it ive gone cross eyed! Time for some more coffee!

Erik
Old 01-18-2010, 01:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve
oh I have tools my friend, I think everything from torque wrench to tire plugs yadiyadiyadda.....just not an 18mm open wrench.....had the sockets and trusty monkey wrenches, vicegrips, etc.......but socket wouldn't fit between the tie rod and the SS.....needed an open wrench....man I got mad at the world..... it looks totally hick all ziptied up.....do what ya gotta do....but you know what, I know you don't need an SS for regular driving, but my suspension must be dialed in, as I couldn't tell the difference, even when hitting bumps and road inperfections at any speed.

Dustin is running a 3 inch BDS/Zone coil lift, wheel spacers, and 35's.......and it worked great......
well atleast you made it work. well done. and for the record i have an 18mm open wrench ....how does he like the lift??? definately looks like budget boost height...especially if you compare it to sam/sebs rigs.

Originally Posted by metaulic
What tools/materials do you all carry? What about parts? How do you keep them retained in the jeep? Sounds like a good idea to purchase a small jo-box and bolt it down in the back of the jeep?

Aaa!!! The spending never ends!

I should just make one, a full 4'x8' 1/4" steel is $277 for me. If I make it out of 1/8" steel, in time and labour and design is it worth it ive gone cross eyed! Time for some more coffee!

Erik
ive spent too much money on tools...but...they are for the most part a life-long investment. dont think many people bring spare parts for runs in the lower mainland ...maybe an extra air filter, and some fluids. definately a full sized spare .....recovery gear of course(shackels, straps, tree saver, snatch, hi-lift) and some hand tools etc. Zip ties will fix anything or atleast hold in in place.

.....looking forward to seeing your rig and wheeling with you. cheers.

Quick Reply: Quick Eagle Run 16th, couldnt make the last one....