JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Western Canada (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/western-canada-107/)
-   -   Saskatchewan (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/western-canada-107/saskatchewan-106016/)

SNOWHARA 10-18-2011 07:38 PM

I'm almost in Saskatchewan. My house is in Manitoba, and everything I can see to the west of me is called Saskatchewan. Went to SIAST in Saskatoon, too much fun.:thumbsup:

Little Fella 10-18-2011 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by SNOWHARA
I'm almost in Saskatchewan. My house is in Manitoba, and everything I can see to the west of me is called Saskatchewan. Went to SIAST in Saskatoon, too much fun.:thumbsup:

If your house is in Manitoba and you look west you see Alberta don't you? I'm pretty sure you'd have to look down. ;)

JPchick 10-18-2011 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Little Fella (Post 2597844)
If your house is in Manitoba and you look west you see Alberta don't you? I'm pretty sure you'd have to look down. ;)

Hahahaha Manitoba doesn't even touch Alberta :rotflmao2: Unless this is some joke of how flat Sask is :rotflmao2:

SNOWHARA 10-19-2011 05:13 AM

Yes. This is possibly a joke about SK being flat. A co-worker once said to me, completely serious: "did you know that you have to drive all the way across Saskatchewan to get to Alberta?" I thought about it and replied "not if you go down thru the States". I think they considered that to possibly be a short-cut! All kidding aside folks, it's good to talk to some other Jeep people on the Prairies.:)

JPchick 10-19-2011 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by SNOWHARA (Post 2598068)
Yes. This is possibly a joke about SK being flat. A co-worker once said to me, completely serious: "did you know that you have to drive all the way across Saskatchewan to get to Alberta?" I thought about it and replied "not if you go down thru the States". I think they considered that to possibly be a short-cut! All kidding aside folks, it's good to talk to some other Jeep people on the Prairies.:)

Yes definitely! Where about are you in Manitoba?

SNOWHARA 10-19-2011 11:04 AM

I'm in beautiful Flin Flon, on top of the rocks, a long way from anywhere.

JPchick 10-19-2011 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by SNOWHARA (Post 2598777)
I'm in beautiful Flin Flon, on top of the rocks, a long way from anywhere.

Haha Flin Flon. I always wondered how they thought of that name. Must have been someone drunk :rotflmao2:

Kalamari 10-19-2011 08:49 PM

Manitoba is Saskatchewan's evil twin. :wink:

SNOWHARA 10-20-2011 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by JPchick (Post 2600093)
Haha Flin Flon. I always wondered how they thought of that name. Must have been someone drunk :rotflmao2:

Yes, drunk or nuts. Whoever named it is long gone and now we have to live with it. I've only Been in Regina once, about ten years ago for a wedding. Very nice place, but the name is kind of different! :)

JPchick 10-21-2011 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kalamari (Post 2600139)
Manitoba is Saskatchewan's evil twin. :wink:

Hahahaha :yup:

Originally Posted by SNOWHARA (Post 2600498)
Yes, drunk or nuts. Whoever named it is long gone and now we have to live with it. I've only Been in Regina once, about ten years ago for a wedding. Very nice place, but the name is kind of different! :)

Hahaha Yeah, Regina is quite the... unique name as well. :wink: