Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Sunday January 11, Snow Wheeling, B.C Lower Mainland

Old 01-06-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunday January 11, Snow Wheeling, B.C Lower Mainland

I'm planning on heading out for some snow wheeling on Sunday January the 11th. I'm thinking of heading up Vedder Mt out here in Chilliwack if its just going to be me. But if anyone is interested in it I was thinking that a trip to Clear Creek Hot Springs would good and challenging with all this snow plus rewarding with the hot water.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Count me in!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Junkie

I would totally go Doug, but I just finished moving Raluca up to my place to Pemberton permanently. I can't get away this weekend, so I will have to go next time.

Since I finished off the sidesteps on our last trip, I put my rockrails back on. Also put the stock shoes and wheels back on for winter, with the addition of spidertracks 1.5's My jeep feels so small now......
Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

So it looks like Stevep and I will hitting up Vedder Mt over by Cultus Lake on Sunday. All are welcome, nothing to extreme up there. The biggest challenge will be the snow.

Sorry to hear that you can't make it 07rubisteve Ya I bet that your jeep looks kinda small to you now that you have the stockers back on.

Only three of us in this thread and the two of you with the same name.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

ya it feels smaller....easier to get into for sure....still thinking I will up my lift before spring, now that I don't have to worry about Raluca's low parking garage.....my garage in Pemby is good for another 5+ inches on top of what I already run......will researching for a good 3-4 inch lift now

Hope you and SteveP have fun.....make sure you guys have some long bungie tow straps.....

There is too much snow up here now to wheel.....would need boggers and a hemi to make an attempt....
Old 01-08-2009, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

PPl Im back in town, but work on Sundays.. =( I would love to join you...
Hope you guys have tons of fuN!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spillidge
I might be interested in joining ya. I am in Vancouver on Saturday night so it would depend on how the night goes if I can make it or not!

Isn't the road to Vedder closed due to a mudslide??
I think thats on the other side of the mountain, over in between Yarrow and Vye Road. There is more than one way up and down. But I'll go and check tomorrow, I live pretty close by.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubicon_Fan
PPl Im back in town, but work on Sundays.. =( I would love to join you...
Hope you guys have tons of fuN!
Aw thats to bad. It would be great to get you out again. I still feel for you that you had to miss the last outing to Eagle Ridge.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I checked out Vedder yesterday, and there was a lot of slides but its still accassable on the Yarrow side. The Cultus Lake side a couple hundred yards after where the dirt bikers parking is, the road has beed undermined by the water run-off so bad that there is now a 5 foot wide 1.5 foot thick section of the road that acts as a bridge over a 8 foot deep ravine that runs straight across the road. I don't even trust it to walk on.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Junkie

Update? how was the day? did you guys go?

Quick Reply: Sunday January 11, Snow Wheeling, B.C Lower Mainland