Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Whipsaw snow freeish?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whipsaw snow freeish?

Looking to hit up whipsaw this summer. Can't do July or aug due to other plans. Is it possible late June? I am no stranger to snow. 35s with lockers and winch. At least three rigs. Whats a typical date where it's mostly snow free or at least people are regularly making tracks though it?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by awkragt
Looking to hit up whipsaw this summer. Can't do July or aug due to other plans. Is it possible late June? I am no stranger to snow. 35s with lockers and winch. At least three rigs. Whats a typical date where it's mostly snow free or at least people are regularly making tracks though it?
I would guess with the amount of snow fall this winter in the mountains the earliest there will be regular tracks through the trail will be when we go July 9-10. Maybe the weekend prior. Last year we went mid June and only made it in about 1/10 of the trail in over a long 8 hr day of snow wheeling, winching etc ( we had a guy on 37s at 5psi breaking trail) Alot more snow this year in higher elevations. If u have never done the trail I wouldn't suggest doing it during snow. There are some deep ( over hood of stock rig) holes and falling through the ice on one of those would be game over. The trail isn't "snow free" until late July.

Last edited by geebee; 05-17-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Grant stated earliest would be July long but you will run into snow as it has been a lot of snow in the high elevation and very cool spring. At 1600m there is still close to 10 ft of snow and couldn't guess at 2000 m 20 ft? It was still snowing above 1600m today.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geebee
I would guess with the amount of snow fall this winter in the mountains the earliest there will be regular tracks through the trail will be when we go July 9-10. Maybe the weekend prior. Last year we went mid June and only made it in about 1/10 of the trail in over a long 8 hr day of snow wheeling, winching etc ( we had a guy on 37s at 5psi breaking trail) Alot more snow this year in higher elevations. If u have never done the trail I wouldn't suggest doing it during snow. There are some deep ( over hood of stock rig) holes and falling through the ice on one of those would be game over. The trail isn't "snow free" until late July.
Wow, I didn't know that snow trip you went on was in mid June. That's crazy!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Junkie

just search for our whipsaw trip here.....and you'll see the pics..it was cool, but allot of work.....not for a first timer to whipsaw....

i'll find the link and post it for u to see....here ya go

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...aw-Pics-Thread

Last edited by 07rubisteve; 05-18-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Whipsaw snow freeish?