Notices
Whats In Our Shop In-house builds and projects

ECU help!!!

Old 09-10-2015, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU help!!!

I just completed a rebuild (Pistons, rings, and rods) on my 3.6 pentastar and am now having problems clearing fault codes with an OBDII reader. The engine had been hydro locked and had thrown all the cam-sensors, crank position sensor, MAP sensor, and IAT sensor. The reader will prompt that the codes have been erased, but then are never removed from the list of current or pending codes list. I tried cleaning the MAP and IAT sensors with mass airflow sensor cleaner, but the reader still says the voltage at the sensor is still out of the set parameter. Meanwhile the engine will not crank and when I turn the key, all I get is an audible "click". Is it possible that water in the crankcase and oil has affected the sensors? Or is there another issue I'm not aware of? The engine is mechanically ready to start, but how do I tell the ECU to stop freaking out??
Old 09-10-2015, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tylertylerwilde
I just completed a rebuild (Pistons, rings, and rods) on my 3.6 pentastar and am now having problems clearing fault codes with an OBDII reader. The engine had been hydro locked and had thrown all the cam-sensors, crank position sensor, MAP sensor, and IAT sensor. The reader will prompt that the codes have been erased, but then are never removed from the list of current or pending codes list. I tried cleaning the MAP and IAT sensors with mass airflow sensor cleaner, but the reader still says the voltage at the sensor is still out of the set parameter. Meanwhile the engine will not crank and when I turn the key, all I get is an audible "click". Is it possible that water in the crankcase and oil has affected the sensors? Or is there another issue I'm not aware of? The engine is mechanically ready to start, but how do I tell the ECU to stop freaking out??
i would try posting in the right sub forum to get anyone to respond, try stock jk tech....
Old 09-10-2015, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you. I will try that.

Quick Reply: ECU help!!!