0%
SRC Smitty Built Roll Cage 76904
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep JK Punisher Edition Build Log Full Custom Jeep by Del Rey Customs

Old 10-06-2014, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a whole its come together pretty well.

Not sure on the switch line though? If you talk to him he can custom make whatever you want basically. He's made me some custom switch that he had to actually build and then laser etch the cover to match the rest of my otattw switches. Still trying to figure out how to wire the stupid thing though as I think I over complicated my concept.

Edit: example. Only trouble is if you try to put long text like "compressor" then the red (or whatever color you use) will bleed over to the word a bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6e4mUeBl.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	679941

Name:	3pWEDjUl.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	679942

Last edited by Vladimer; 10-06-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Only trouble is if you try to put long text like "compressor" then the red (or whatever color you use) will bleed over to the word a bit.
Ah yes I see. If we abbreviate the words it should work, such as "Air Comp". Looks good though.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm happy how it's coming along. It will be the last 10% that will bring it all together I think.

Name:	DAteNit.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	405.2 KB
ID:	679939
Old 10-06-2014, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

This has been one of the most entertaining threads.... And alittle sad how people attack others who are building "their" jeeps, if I wanna put 24's and lower mine who is to say I am wrong, everyone is here to come together as jeepers and have fun, cyber bullying is pretty disheartening in such a great brotherhood.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scout61
This has been one of the most entertaining threads.... And alittle sad how people attack others who are building "their" jeeps, if I wanna put 24's and lower mine who is to say I am wrong, everyone is here to come together as jeepers and have fun, cyber bullying is pretty disheartening in such a great brotherhood.
That would be wrong. Now gimme your lunch money!!!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Looks good!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Collyn

That would be wrong. Now gimme your lunch money!!!
Well I'm a 6'4" 306lb powerlifter with a black belt in tkd and 4 years of mma. Give me your lunch money and his too lol
Old 10-06-2014, 10:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been watching this thread for entertainment purposes for months. There are some really great parts used in the construction of this Jeep, but holy crap, the labor and delivery are horrid for a "professional" shop. The front speaker boxes that suck up foot space look like a toddler designed them and the King shocks mounted outside the front brackets are redneck engineered at best. I mean WTF? My 10 year old helped install the King shocks on our Jeep..... and yeah, he installed them IN the front mounts like the factory intended (see pic for reference).

I'm sure there are many more atrocities committed that weren't documented.

For 3Chains - either you are actually a part of this build and going along for shop promotion...... or you are living in denial for spending large amounts of $$ for the vehicle you now possess. I'm going with the former. The real JK fabricators, such as ORE, MoTech, and Rebel Offroad have to be giggling hysterically each time they see this "build".

Since I'm sure you're curious about my ride, I have a total of $60K invested in my Jeep (purchase price included) and it's sporting a MoTech 6.0L LSx, Poison Spyder armor, Star Fabrications Napa Leather, the same King shocks your JK is sporting, RaptorLiner, upgraded diffs, and more. I also live in Southern Cali, which makes it more of a head-scratcher that you eschewed the plethora of established JK specific businesses at your fingertips for this shop. And yes, my Jeep has seen the dirt. 20K+ miles worth, to include Moab, Johnson Valley, Big Bear, the Calicos, Rainbow Basin, Mohave, Pismo Beach, OBX, etc.

Last edited by Schantin; 10-06-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Schantin
I've been watching this thread for entertainment purposes for months. There are some really great parts used in the construction of this Jeep, but holy crap, the labor and delivery are horrid for a "professional" shop. The front speaker boxes that suck up foot space look like a toddler designed them and the King shocks mounted outside the front brackets are redneck engineered at best. I mean WTF? My 10 year old helped install the King shocks on our Jeep..... and yeah, he installed them IN the front mounts like the factory intended (see pic for reference).

I'm sure there are many more atrocities committed that weren't documented.

For 3Chains - either you are actually a part of this build and going along for shop promotion...... or you are living in denial for spending large amounts of $$ for the vehicle you now possess. I'm going with the former. The real JK fabricators, such as ORE, MoTech, and Rebel Offroad have to be giggling hysterically each time they see this "build".

Since I'm sure you're curious about my ride, I have a total of $60K invested in my Jeep (purchase price included) and it's sporting a MoTech 6.0L LSx, Poison Spyder armor, Star Fabrications Napa Leather, the same King shocks your JK is sporting, RaptorLiner, upgraded diffs, and more. I also live in Southern Cali, which makes it more of a head-scratcher that you eschewed the plethora of established JK specific businesses at your fingertips for this shop. And yes, my Jeep has seen the dirt. 20K+ miles worth, to include Moab, Johnson Valley, Big Bear, the Calicos, Rainbow Basin, Mohave, Pismo Beach, OBX, etc.
Firstly, let me put to bed once and for all my involvement in the build - I am the customer. It's a simple as that. I wanted a very specific vehicle and Shane has built that for me. It was never going to be cheap as I have changed just about everything stock on it. Make a parts list of the catalogue parts and then add the custom parts, paint and my lack of a 10 year old spanner wielding child meaning I also have to pay labor costs. It all adds up. I am very sure if I left a lot more standard I could have saved a lot of cash and got 80% of what I wanted. But I will only build a Jeep once so might as well get it exactly as I want.

So why Shane? I really like Shane and that is a good starting point. You'll notice that as the build progressed I support Shane through the ups and downs....when things went well I was happy and when we had issues we spoke and got them resolved. He hasn't built a Jeep like this before (few have I suspect) but I know that when it's done it will be exactly what I want. That relationship is worth a lot.

He has also done substantial work on my other cars and we work well together. He also provides an excellent service beyond car building, including when I needed a car exported to the UK, plates swapped amongst a ton of other stuff that isn't strictly car building related. He's solid, reliable and I trust him. I think it's easy for people on a forum to criticize and, as I have said many times, the learning curve has been VERY steep. But at the end of the day he is still there fighting to get the build done to the best of his (substantial) ability.

We should all keep in mind.....we all learn every day and before you all were experts you knew nothing. But someone believed in you and backed you. People believed in me and backed me (**** knows why but I am very pleased they did!). I am very sure with a bit of luck Shane will continue to move onwards and upwards in this game and take the immense amount of learning this experience has given him and be even better next time. You can't google experience. You acquire it more often than not the hard way.

And finally regarding the shocks I am actually going to see Hoopers today with Shane to discuss that very issue. I want to understand the issue and why they went to such lengths to instal like that. It wasn't an accident and I don't think anyone on here really believes they 'missed' the mount and fitted the spacer for laughs. There will be a reason. I don't like the way it was done now and it needs to be changed, even if its the 90 degree brackets that were suggested by the forum. But I want to understand the issue and then be part of the solution before its signed off as done.

Last edited by 3chainz; 10-07-2014 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Schantin
Since I'm sure you're curious about my ride, ....
Lol, why do I doubt it?

Originally Posted by 3chainz
Firstly, let me put to bed once and for all my involvement in the build - I am the customer. It's a simple as that. I wanted a very specific vehicle and Shane has built that for me. It was never going to be cheap as I have changed just about everything stock on it. Make a parts list of the catalogue parts and then add the custom parts, paint and my lack of a 10 year old spanner wielding child meaning I also have to pay labor costs. It all adds up. I am very sure if I left a lot more standard I could have saved a lot of cash and got 80% of what I wanted. But I will only build a Jeep once so might as well get it exactly as I want.

So why Shane? I really like Shane and that is a good starting point. You'll notice that as the build progressed I support Shane through the ups and downs....when things went well I was happy and when we had issues we spoke and got them resolved. He hasn't built a Jeep like this before (few have I suspect) but I know that when it's done it will be exactly what I want. That relationship is worth a lot. He has also done substantial work on my other cars and we work well together. He also provides an excellent service beyond car building, including when I needed a car exported to the UK, plates swapped amongst a ton of other stuff that isn't strictly car building related. He's solid, reliable and I trust him. I think it's easy for people on a forum to criticize and, as I have said many times, the learning curve has been VERY steep. But at the end of the day he is still there fighting to get the build done to the best of his (substantial) ability.

We should all keep in mind.....we are all learning every day and before you all were experts you knew nothing. But someone believed in you and backed you. People believed in me and backed me (**** knows why but I am very pleased they did!). I am very sure with a bit of luck Shane will continue to move onwards and upwards in this game and take the immense amount of learning this experience has given him and be even better next time. You can't google experience. You acquire it more often than not the hard way.

And finally regarding the shocks I am actually going to see Hoopers today with Shane to discuss that very issue. I want to understand the issue and why they went to such lengths to instal like that. It wasn't an accident and I don't think anyone on here really believes they 'missed' the mount and fitted the spacer for laughs. There will be a reason. I don't like the way it was done now and it needs to be changed, even if its the 90 degree brackets that were suggested by the forum. But I want to understand the issue and then be part of the solution before its signed off as done.
Well put