0%
SRC Smitty Built Roll Cage 76904
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep JK Punisher Edition Build Log Full Custom Jeep by Del Rey Customs

Old 07-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18 are being recommend for the clearance with the Brakes remember we have an over size brake package on the front with a 6 piston caliper.

For around town on payment driving we can agree the 24 inch forgi are staying.

Now a D44 and 37 for the sand is an more affordable option but then again the core 44 with Currie Knuckles are beefy. That what's Been recommend by a few industry people I have consulted. Just to cross my T and dot my I.

Yes I can go to D60 front and rear. With ARB lockers is quite a proposal

The D44 puts me at my original Bid all In With the ARB lockers front and read 35 spline shafts in the rear of about 77k.

The D60 with the ARB will be about another 9k on top of that pushing the total price including the Rig into the 110k mark or so.

Right now we're sitting about 69k into the build with everything that been done include the audio to come and the paddle shifters.

I want to see 3chainz happy in the end and I even though I don't want to but I would swap the rims on and off when ever he was looking to go offroad as a form of good customer service.

no if he really gets the Trail Rated Bug. I suggest we go buy a different JK (maybe a 2 door) and build another incarnation. Starting with the idea of trail in mind.

Then he can have one for show and one for punishing the back country. Best part is both will still look better than a Bentley in the driveway and he could have 2 fully customized jeep for the price of a GTC. Trust me when I say the Punisher gets more looks than any Bentley around town.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
18 are being recommend for the clearance with the Brakes remember we have an over size brake package on the front with a 6 piston caliper. For around town on payment driving we can agree the 24 inch forgi are staying. Now a D44 and 37 for the sand is an more affordable option but then again the core 44 with Currie Knuckles are beefy. That what's Been recommend by a few industry people I have consulted. Just to cross my T and dot my I. Yes I can go to D60 front and rear. With ARB lockers is quite a proposal The D44 puts me at my original Bid all In With the ARB lockers front and read 35 spline shafts in the rear of about 77k. The D60 with the ARB will be about another 9k on top of that pushing the total price including the Rig into the 110k mark or so. Right now we're sitting about 69k into the build with everything that been done include the audio to come and the paddle shifters. I want to see 3chainz happy in the end and I even though I don't want to but I would swap the rims on and off when ever he was looking to go offroad as a form of good customer service. no if he really gets the Trail Rated Bug. I suggest we go buy a different JK (maybe a 2 door) and build another incarnation. Starting with the idea of trail in mind. Then he can have one for show and one for punishing the back country. Best part is both will still look better than a Bentley in the driveway and he could have 2 fully customized jeep for the price of a GTC. Trust me when I say the Punisher gets more looks than any Bentley around town.
Now I remember why 18". Got it. My mistake. However I think your wasting your time still with a core D44. The tubes are the same size as the D30 so reinforcing is still a concern. A PR44 is much beefier all around or just about any aftermarket 44 is. Not really any need to reinforce it. If your worried about knuckles then throw the Reid knuckles or the other curries your mentioning.

$5500 (maybe even less where you are) can get you a PR44 with 5.13s, ARB, Reid Knuckles, Synergy ball joints, RCV shafts and 1350 yoke. From what I hear your going to spend close to that to polish a turd of a core D44.

Last edited by DunnyBunny; 07-03-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Former Vendor

True the core 44 was like 3900 with the ARB. In the front or something almost all the same componentry.

Remember it's up to 3 chainz and it's his money. I'm just take the order and follow through with his wishes.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Now I remember why 18". Got it. My mistake. However I think your wasting your time still with a core D44. The tubes are the same size as the D30 so reinforcing is still a concern. A PR44 is much beefier all around or just about any aftermarket 44 is. Not really any need to reinforce it. If your worried about knuckles then throw the Reid knuckles or the other curries your mentioning. $5500 (maybe even less where you are) can get you a PR44 with 5.13s, ARB, Reid Knuckles, Synergy ball joints, RCV shafts and 1350 yoke. From what I hear your going to spend close to that to polish a turd of a core D44.

More like 7700 from alien offroad.

For that price at 6600.00 were good on a Dana 60 lol
Old 07-03-2014, 08:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
More like 7700 from alien offroad. For that price at 6600.00 were good on a Dana 60 lol
Ok I would not go there cause that's ridiculous. You can order it from northridge and to you for the price I listed. I'm sure there are better shops around you that are priced at what they should be. And I'm posting info for both you and 3chainz cause I know he is reading it. I know it's his decision.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i give up, i shouldnt have gotten sucked into this chaos.. im out lol im going to browse jeep builds on legos.com
Old 07-03-2014, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Perhaps use a reasonable dealer. 8k for that is stupid. Easy to see now where the first 60k went
Old 07-03-2014, 08:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
i give up, im out lol im going to browse jeep builds on legos.com
Lol. Why you can't give up. Your too knowledgable.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Ok I would not go there cause that's ridiculous. You can order it from northridge and to you for the price I listed. I'm sure there are better shops around you that are priced at what they should be. And I'm posting info for both you and 3chainz cause I know he is reading it. I know it's his decision.
Thanks. If we go the PR44 route I would contact dynatrac direct. There only 54 miles from my shop. Lol. I would defiantly get it way cheeper.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Maertz
i give up, i shouldnt have gotten sucked into this chaos.. im out lol im going to browse jeep builds on legos.com
Damn a Lego build would be sick do it all red white and blue for the 4th