Old 12-30-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why such an old engine?
Old 12-30-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1

Also curious to see if anyone has one of the TJ AEV Brute pick up box conversions that might have been purchased and the project was never completed or maybe just know someone who might have one of these.
i know the guys at Moab Outfitters here in Orem Utah built a brute. Is that what you are wanting to know?
Old 12-30-2010, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KY.
why such an old engine?
Not only will this engine make gobs of power, but I'm sure it'll cost way less to do the conversion considering how simple this engine is. Their will be very little electronics involved to make the engine run. Unlike the wiring mess it would be for a new more electronically controlled diesel.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Guys,

Seeing that Steve is enjoying a vacation right now I thought I would keep some updated pictures heading your way...

The body is at Xtreme Customs now getting torn apart...

Old 01-03-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

nice!! gonna be badass
Old 01-03-2011, 01:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is pretty sweet. Im going to make sure the wife sees this thread...Iv been saying for a while now her 5.9 cummins will fit in the JK, and she says Im full if sh#@!

I'll show her
Old 01-03-2011, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

This is what I need. Power to tow, a bed for hauling gear, and the jeep look.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:05 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

We have had a good week here on this project.......... we now have a little more direction on how this project is heading and wanted to share with you guys what we have so far.

THE FRAME / CAGE: We will be using the JK frame , not the Ram frame. We had originally thought we would have to use the Ram frame for strength but after a much closer look we feel we can design / build from the JK frame to make a very dependable set up. This way we keep it all "JK " as well. Well sort of .

There will be a full cage built for the project, this will be an integral part of being able to utilize the JK frame.

THE BED: There will be a truck style bed on the project ...... We always use Xtreme Customs in Burlington Ontario for all our body mods and paint work . These guys are are adding 17" behind the rear doors, this will be all "bed" area. We purchased a JK hard top yesterday and are cutting it up , making it shorter ( to fit directly behind the doors ) while still keeping the Freedom top panels. I hope to have the hard top cut and fitting on the Jeep by the end of the week, pics will be posted as soon as we get this done.

THE SUSPENSION: We are still up in the air as to exactly what parts are being used here yet. Our goal here it to make it bullet proof, lost of clearance and really cool looking. Rock Krawler is hooking us up with a set of their coilovers, Currie is getting us hooked up with diffs, we are speaking with AxleTech re Portals as well....

We will be working with Jason of Kat Kustoms in Ohio on the frame and suspension. We have supplied Jason with MBRP exhaust systems on several of his projects over the years and have always been impressed with his workmanship. I'm sure he will deliver a killer set up for our Jeep.

THE MOTOR / TRANS : As already mentioned a Cummins 12V with an auto trans is being used to power this project. The motor is being torn down this week and will receive a full rebuild as well as a truck load of performance parts. Fuel pump will be worked, a perf cam will be added, and twin turbos will top of the entire rebuild. We are shooting for the 600HP / 1000+ ft / lbs range and fully drivable on the trial or on the road.

WHEELS / TIRES: We are looking to run full beadlocks with 44" or 46" tires. if we end up going this large we will be addressing both suspension and body mods that will allow us to keep this jeep as low as possible and still rock crawling friendly.

EXHAUST : MBRPinc of course. We will be building a header and full 4" exhaust systems for this project. We will end the system off with a 6" single black stack in the bed of the Jeep.

Thats all we have right now, as we move forward myself, Jeff or Steve will be updating this thread as often as possible. There is a rendering being done as we speak, I hope to have this posted next week as well.

Sometime next week we would like to have a full listing of the companies involved in this build. Over the years we have been very fortunate to have worked with and been sponsored by some of the very best in our industry.

Thanks MB
Old 01-04-2011, 06:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MB JEEPER
THE FRAME / CAGE: We will be using the JK frame ,

THE MOTOR / TRANS : As already mentioned a Cummins 12V. Fuel pump will be worked, a perf cam will be added, and twin turbos will top of the entire rebuild. We are shooting for the 600HP / 1000+ ft / lbs range and fully drivable on the trial or on the road.

Thanks MB
holy cow batman!!!

Quick Reply: MBRP Diesel Jeep – 4 Door JK Truck