Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Side mirrors without doors?

Old 02-05-2008, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side mirrors without doors?

So the mirrors are attached to the doors, so if ya take off your doors, you have no side mirrors.. are there any kinda aftermarket mods out there to give you side mirrors for when you remove your doors? And then, if it's something you have to attach to the body, is there a way to remove the ones on the doors in a halfway attractive looking way so that it doesn't look silly with 2 mirrors on each side when the doors are back on?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mopar makes a good drivers side... which most states would make you legal with just the one.

i took off my stock drivers side and left the mopar on. im still figuring out what to do with the passenger side... i hate when i look over there and see nothing.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:37 PM
JK Junkie

There are several options now. Mopar makes a Drivers side like Mikey said. There's also the Rugged Ridge ones, but as I understand you lose about 50% of the visibility on the passenger side. Do a search on here, several people have made their own as well.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:43 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Quite a few threads on this subject. You might check these out:

Relocating Mirror ??? Suggestions ???

Nice little mirror from AutoZone for under $16.00 / Simple to install

Mopar Add On

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 02-06-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool thanks. I did a search before posted and didn't find anything good.

I think I would prolly go with the mopar one since it's bigger, but do they make a right side version too, or just left? That autozone one might work too but to me it just looked kinda small.

It might be cool if they could make one that's easily removable, maybe with a super strong magnet to stick to the body, or some kind of clamp that goes on the doorway so you can leave the mirrors on your doors for when you drive when the doors on, and just stick on the removable kind when you take them off
Old 02-06-2008, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

It might be cool if they could make one that's easily removable, maybe with a super strong magnet to stick to the body, or some kind of clamp that goes on the doorway so you can leave the mirrors on your doors for when you drive when the doors on, and just stick on the removable kind when you take them off
Being a Jeeper makes you one step closer to becoming McGyver. With an idea like the one you had, why wait until someone comes up with it?
Old 02-06-2008, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I'm not a jeeper yet, I'm stuck being a Honda Elementer till I get my jeep in a couple months. Waiting for some more funds first. But I'll have it just in time for spring I'm gonna be going for a rescue green sahara unlimited Just trying to plan out my first few newbie mods Maybe I'll give that MagnetoMirror idea a try.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:28 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by necros
... I think I would prolly go with the mopar one since it's bigger, but do they make a right side version too, or just left? ...
Just left. That's what I have and it works just fine. Vibration level is acceptable and there's plenty of mirror to see. Many of the right side answers are blocked from proper viewing by the driver. Other answers suffer vibration problems. The only two significant disadvantages with the Mopar mirror: Expensive, and it is probably the ugliest of the solutions. But, I'm okay with it I guess because if I've got that mirror on I've got the tops and doors off and I'm too busy enjoying the sunshine to care about how I look!

Old 02-06-2008, 07:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

has anyone tried one of those wide angle rearview mirrors?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default Lange Quick Mirror II

I used the Lange Quick Mirror II on my TJ and loved it. The instructions say it will work for the JK. The mirror removes with a simple hand screw and all that is left on the Jeep is a bracket that you can leave on year round.
I don't remember it being to noisy, but the top and doors were off...

Quick Reply: Side mirrors without doors?