Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

remote starter

Old 01-14-2015, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote starter

have a 2015 wrangler unlimited sport, looking for suggestions on a remote starter? factory or after market (and what kind).
Old 01-14-2015, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just had a Compustar installed on my 2011 manual at Sound So Good Audio in Waynesboro PA. Great group of guys and great prices.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I did the viper 4806v. Works great.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

http://advanced-auto-security.hosted...&searchSize=12

pluginstarters.com

i got one for christmas install was easy its plug in play and works from factory remote by pressing lock button 3x

go to You tube and search warmcarnow and you can find an install video
Old 01-24-2015, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would, and did, go with an aftermarket remote starter/alarm system. Superior in every aspect. Range,dependability,(if installed correctly), options.
I also had there Compustar system installed a few years back, and have been extremely happy with it.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:02 PM
JK Newbie

I got the Viper 5906v (5906-V) 2-Way Security & Remote Start w/Color Remote
remote start and alarm. Works great, tells me the temperature inside my car and warns me if people are close to it. Love Viper
Old 01-28-2015, 01:34 AM
JK Newbie

Had the dealership install the MOPAR remote starter. Works great and no issues so far (Had it for just over a month now). Plus I have the added benefit of not voiding the warranty!
Old 01-28-2015, 12:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

An aftermarket remote start will not void your warranty.

Amazon.com : One Button Remote Starter Kit for Jeep Wrangler - True Plug & Play Installation : Car Electronics

Took 5 minutes to plug in and program. I'll probably spend another hour or so putting it under the dash all pretty like.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
An aftermarket remote start will not void your warranty. Amazon.com : One Button Remote Starter Kit for Jeep Wrangler - True Plug & Play Installation : Car Electronics Took 5 minutes to plug in and program. I'll probably spend another hour or so putting it under the dash all pretty like.
x2. Good stuff
Old 01-30-2015, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Amazon.com: Fortin - EVO-CHRT5 - Stand-Alone Remote Starter System For Chrysler Dodge Jeep With Combo Regular Key: Automotive

All you need to install a remote starter that works with your factory remote is the evo all from fortin. I bought mine from car alarm depot off of amazon. Make sure you email the seller your jeeps model and years os they can program it for you. If you dont get a programmed unit, you need to purchase another adapter to program it yourself.

Install is really easy, you splice the only 2 yellow wires in he package together, remove the panel under the steering wheel and plastic cover surrounding the steering wheel, the unplug the factory wiring to the starter, plug in the supplied wiring harness, plug in the factory wiring into the harness, plug the harness into the evo-all device, follow the instructions on programming to your particular car from youtube and in 30 mins youll have antostart installed.

The hardest part for me was removing the plastic that surrounds the steering wheel, helpful hint to remove it, press on the seem of the two pieces and full down on the bottom piece.

You do need a torx driver to remove 3 screws from the steering column to get the plastic off too, not sure what size though.

Ive had it for a few months now and love it. To start the jeep you hit the lock button 3 times and it will run for 10 mins, then shut off. The range is alright, its the same if you were unlocking or locking your doors.

Quick Reply: remote starter