Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

50" light bar fix

Old 11-25-2014, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 50" light bar fix

Currently have a 50" light bar installed that I had to modify to have it stay on my bracket, I reversed threaded bolts but the bolts are currently loose on the light. Is there any solution to this?
Old 11-26-2014, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

So your threads are stripped? You can stick a small zip tie in to the hole and then screw the bolt back in. Then just cut the excess zip tie hanging out. I had to do this on mine because I stripped one side. Works like a charm.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheNoob
So your threads are stripped? You can stick a small zip tie in to the hole and then screw the bolt back in. Then just cut the excess zip tie hanging out. I had to do this on mine because I stripped one side. Works like a charm.
Do you have any photos of what you're saying?
Old 11-26-2014, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also I've tried JB weld and even gorilla glue but it all just broke loose and the light just moved around

Quick Reply: 50" light bar fix