Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Amp remote cable to fuse box????

Old 03-22-2008, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp remote cable to fuse box????

Over the past couple of weeks I have been looking for another power source to tap into for an audio amplifier remote cable. I have read numerous posts about tapping into the driver's side ciggy lighter. That is great info, but I already plug my radar/laser detector in there and I plan on tapping those wires as a power source for my LCD monitor.

Throughout all of my searching, I have not read one post where someone has tapped into the fuse block for power, only posts about adding an aux fuse block. I then began searching about the fuse box information and stumbled upon this picture.

I circled the fuses that pertain to the infinity amplifier and radio receiver. (I don't get why the M10 fuse is a 15 amp in the pic though).

I was thinking about running a wire to underneath the fuse for the radio to power the remote wire going to the amplifier in the trunk.

Or, what about the other open fuse locations I circled and put question marks by. Are any of those switchable sources that I can add a fuse to?

I'll need some advice from electrical gurus.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bump.

Anyone?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Clarify your question for me... are you looking for somewhere to tie in the power cable to the amp (usually a very thick red wire) or the remote turn-on lead (usually a blue wire)?

If it is the blue wire you are talking about, and you have an aftermarket head-unit, there there is a blue wire on the harness to tie into.

Last edited by Freetail_Rubicon; 03-24-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like you just need the power for the remote turn on for the amp ? if so any 12 volt source that comes on with the key will work . i would just tap into the cig lighter that will work fine. even if you have other things on it . the amp is looking for a 12 v to turn on .
Old 03-25-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes. The remote cable to turn on the amplifier. But instead of cutting into the factory wiring I was going to put the wire underneath the fuse for the radio or Infinity amplifier. Either that or some other fuse that turns on when the vehicle is running.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

best place is the cig lighter it will draw no power so you could tap a bunch of things in there
i soldered a wire to it then tapped off the new wire several times
Old 04-09-2008, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mobotix
Bump.

Anyone?

Hey there... the best thing to do is get a Volt meter or a test light and go probing. Both can be cheap and they are easy to use.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:21 PM
JK Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-cb-ham-radios-128/found-another-switchable-source-power-35210/

A good source, also sounds like you might reconsider running the added fuse block behind the glove box. It would serve you well..

Best wishes.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out this thread. Seems like what you are looking for.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35210
Old 04-11-2008, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Um yeah. I started that thread. LOL.

Quick Reply: Amp remote cable to fuse box????