Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anzo / recon - led turn signal wiring help!

Old 04-29-2014, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anzo / recon - led turn signal wiring help!

Ok, I bought some Recon LED turn signals and Anzo LED turn signals both smoked. (accidentally won 2 ebay auctions!) I have them both and I am by far a tech/electrical guy and didnt realize I would have to add resistors and ground them or any of that jazz!! Is there anyone that can give me just a basic, laymens terms explanation of what I need to do to hook these up? I installed them in the grill but the flash quickly and the passenger side doesnt work at all.

Any info, help, words of encouragement, I'll even take non-encouraging words (LOL).........just something to help me along would be greatly appreciated.

(pictures are also welcomed! i like pictures

Thanx in advance
Old 04-29-2014, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

For the one that is not working, try flipping the connector from the Jeep over. I have the Recon LEDs and they can be a bit of a pain. Be careful when re-installing the grill because the connector on the Jeep can make contact with the steel parts behind the grill. So far I have broken both Jeep connectors as well as both lights.

Are you going to sell a set?

I would need to look at my wiring in a bit to provide comment on that. I know I installed the resistors to that metal part that is located right behind the turn signal. Not ideal, but it works.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I might sell a set.....or both!, if it gets to be too big a pain. yeah, I took my time and made sure they didn't break on the metal.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the anzos. I thought it would be an easy setup but like you I had no idea what I got myself into. Took it to my local mechanic. Wish with these led lights they come with resisters already wired to the lights.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well luckily today I was able to get to my cousins house and hook them all up. He's a electrical wiz and it took him like 5 min to do.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NateSamJK13
Well luckily today I was able to get to my cousins house and hook them all up. He's a electrical wiz and it took him like 5 min to do.
Care to share? Pictures would be awesome as I just got these and help is appreciated
Old 09-15-2014, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

I put the anzos in my fenders wired to my blinkers with no issues. I changed all my lights but the front blinkers cause they came semi smoked
Old 09-15-2014, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NateSamJK13
Ok, I bought some Recon LED turn signals and Anzo LED turn signals both smoked. (accidentally won 2 ebay auctions!) I have them both and I am by far a tech/electrical guy and didnt realize I would have to add resistors and ground them or any of that jazz!! Is there anyone that can give me just a basic, laymens terms explanation of what I need to do to hook these up? I installed them in the grill but the flash quickly and the passenger side doesnt work at all.

Any info, help, words of encouragement, I'll even take non-encouraging words (LOL).........just something to help me along would be greatly appreciated.

(pictures are also welcomed! i like pictures

Thanx in advance
I had the same issue. Had to switch the wires and it fixed the issue. Don't assume you are matching up the wires that look alike. Test before splicing especially if you solder together and shrink tube like I did.

Quick Reply: Anzo / recon - led turn signal wiring help!