Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power Window Issue

Old 01-16-2017, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Issue

I have a 2013 4dr Anniversary Addition. When I start and shut off the engine my rear passenger window goes down and I am not able to put it up right away. Anyone else experience this issue and if so what was done to fix it or do you have any ideas for me to look. Thanks
Old 01-16-2017, 11:15 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by blackhand
When I start and shut off the engine my rear passenger window goes down and I am not able to put it up right away.
If I interpret that correctly...
You start the engine, then shut it off, and the window goes down.

Or do you mean, you start the engine and the window goes down, and it happens again when you shut off the engine?
Old 01-17-2017, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
If I interpret that correctly...
You start the engine, then shut it off, and the window goes down.

Or do you mean, you start the engine and the window goes down, and it happens again when you shut off the engine?
Yes when I start the engine the window goes down and it happened again when I put the engine off. It doesn't do this all the time. Weird huh. Also I can not operate the window for a while to bring it back up. I have been told there is a electronic module that controls a lot of the functions in the jeep such as the lights etc. Does anyone know about this module and where is it.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:01 AM
JK Jedi Master

A lot of the Jeep's functions are controlled by various chips and relays in the TIPM, (Totally Integrated Power Module). It's the fuse box in the engine bay.

Many strange behaviors can be fixed by disconnecting the battery negative cable for a few minutes.
Give it a try.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

A lot of the Jeep's functions are controlled by various chips and relays in the TIPM, (Totally Integrated Power Module). It's the fuse box in the engine bay.

Many strange behaviors can be fixed by disconnecting the battery negative cable for a few minutes.
Give it a try.
Will do. One more note I just changed my battery and this is when this all started. Thanks
Old 01-17-2017, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Give it a try.
I have been reading threads on the TIPM and this looks like my problem is within this. One of the replies you put on there was you had a thread on the TIPM. Can you share the link for me. Thanks
Old 01-17-2017, 05:48 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by blackhand
Will do. One more note I just changed my battery and this is when this all started. Thanks
It helps to know details like that.
Make sure both battery terminals are clean; both posts and both clamps, inside and out.
Then make sure the clamps are tight.

Just a reminder...
When disconnecting a battery, always disconnect the negative lead first, and reconnect it last.
In other words, never put a wrench on the positive terminal when the negative terminal is connected.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:09 AM
JK Jedi Master

Next time this happens, during the time the window will not go up, see if the other windows still work.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Next time this happens, during the time the window will not go up, see if the other windows still work.
I did do that and all the other windows worked. It was just the right rear passenger window. Another note is that I always run my jeep through one of the touch less car washes that sprays the undercarriage to remove all the road grime and salt.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:02 AM
JK Jedi Master

Looking at the wiring diagrams, the window circuits are not controlled by the TIPM, other than getting power through the RUN-ACCESSORY relay and circuit breaker C-1 in the fuse box.
If there is a chip involved, it will be in the switch module in the dash.

There is a switch that cuts out the rear window switches. Have you cut out the rear switches to see how it behaves when you start the engine?

Quick Reply: Power Window Issue