Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Trucklite issue

Old 10-01-2015, 07:16 PM
l0d
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trucklite issue

Hi guys,
I have installed trucklite with anti flicker adapter for around two years,
Recently , I found the right light turned off totally when I pass some road crack, and it lighten again when I pass another crack.
The light could work, I'm wondering if the adapter is broken?
Old 10-01-2015, 07:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by l0d
Hi guys, I have installed trucklite with anti flicker adapter for around two years, Recently , I found the right light turned off totally when I pass some road crack, and it lighten again when I pass another crack. The light could work, I'm wondering if the adapter is broken?
sounds like a connection issue have you looked at the connectors see if any of them made it was to become loose
Old 10-02-2015, 01:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been battling a similar issue as well with my passenger side headlight. It will start to dim and flicker at random time while driving, or parked.

So far I've swapped the anti-flicker harnesses from left to right, gone over the connections numerous time, added dielectric grease to all the connections, and even replaced headlight with a new one from Truckle, and I'm still getting random dimming and flicker on the passenger side.

I guess I'll start looking at the OEM wiring next before I trash these things and try OEM or the JW Speakers. It sucks b/c I really like these light!
Old 10-02-2015, 04:25 AM
l0d
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
sounds like a connection issue have you looked at the connectors see if any of them made it was to become loose
yea, looks like connection issue, I checked the wire and it was connected tightly, I was thinking maybe it's something wrong inside the adapter box.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:29 AM
l0d
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ddhowel
I've been battling a similar issue as well with my passenger side headlight. It will start to dim and flicker at random time while driving, or parked. So far I've swapped the anti-flicker harnesses from left to right, gone over the connections numerous time, added dielectric grease to all the connections, and even replaced headlight with a new one from Truckle, and I'm still getting random dimming and flicker on the passenger side. I guess I'll start looking at the OEM wiring next before I trash these things and try OEM or the JW Speakers. It sucks b/c I really like these light!
mine flickers a bit when I start the engine, I'm going to change the anti flicker adapter to a normal h4 to h13 wire see how it goes.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Happened to me a month after having them. Trucklite told me to zip tie the harness's together tight and put dielectric grease. I did and it was good for about a year and a half. Went off once last week but I poked the anti flicker harness and it came back on
Old 10-03-2015, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same here. I was having the dim and flicker on my passenger side light only, this past week. Called truck lite and they told me to zip tie all the connectors and also the antiflicker to something as its heavy. It's Been couple days, and So far so good. Hope that fixed it for good.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ddhowel
I've been battling a similar issue as well with my passenger side headlight. It will start to dim and flicker at random time while driving, or parked.

So far I've swapped the anti-flicker harnesses from left to right, gone over the connections numerous time, added dielectric grease to all the connections, and even replaced headlight with a new one from Truckle, and I'm still getting random dimming and flicker on the passenger side.

I guess I'll start looking at the OEM wiring next before I trash these things and try OEM or the JW Speakers. It sucks b/c I really like these light!
LED lights typically either work or they don't. It's highly probable that what you describe comes form an intermittent electrical connection. I'd check the whole harness first, including the wires themselves. Otherwise, the problem may repeat itself with the new headlights.

Last edited by GJeep; 10-03-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:41 PM
l0d
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sitting duk
Same here. I was having the dim and flicker on my passenger side light only, this past week. Called truck lite and they told me to zip tie all the connectors and also the antiflicker to something as its heavy. It's Been couple days, and So far so good. Hope that fixed it for good.
yeah,they replied me samething, I'll do this first.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:44 PM
l0d
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nickjk33
Happened to me a month after having them. Trucklite told me to zip tie the harness's together tight and put dielectric grease. I did and it was good for about a year and a half. Went off once last week but I poked the anti flicker harness and it came back on
yea, I just sent them an email and they told me the same, I'll check that.

Quick Reply: Trucklite issue