Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...

Old 08-03-2015, 07:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Finally getting close. Armor is done. Almost street legal, but I had a small issue with one of the rear LED brake lights that requires a replacement... Still working with the struts - there is definitely a learning curve. I'm going to leave them where they are at until I get the carrier and spare on and some more fuel in the tank.

Currently working on getting everything as aligned as possible. Going to require a visit to a shop though as the front axle as alignment shims in the knuckles and those are going to need adjusting.

Also looking like I may upgrade the master cylinder and brake booster. It takes two pumps to stop. That is one pump too many.

Mine was a 2 pump until bled the living piss out of it. I also upped my cylinder though, i used the one abendx has. It looks good man! I think you passed me up ha. How tall ya sitting?
Old 08-03-2015, 07:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha! Yeah, it's the VKS Prerunner. Nice bumper.
Have you used it with a winch yet. A rock crawler buddy of mine pointed out a conern about the angle of the rope coming thru the fairlead. Said it might have too much tension in one spot or something. Idk. I didn't really understand it.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
Mine was a 2 pump until bled the living piss out of it. I also upped my cylinder though, i used the one abendx has. It looks good man! I think you passed me up ha. How tall ya sitting?
Thanks. You know, I have no clue how tall it is. Do you have a measurement from the ground to the bottom of the frame under the door? Yeah, I must have air in the lines. I'll keep bleeding and see what happens.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:38 AM
JK Jedi

I measured top of axle tubes to frame and factored for axle tube changes. I gotta look back. Dirtman had posted the stock measurement of that on another site. I think it was around 5.

Just checked it was 5".Factory d44 is 2.5 od my front axle was 3.125 od if i recall correctly? So ballpark factory height would have been 4.6875 if I did that right.

And yeah i bled mine drove it a bit and bled some more after the initial bleed. I bet i did it 3 times before it got ok

Last edited by Maertz; 08-03-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:00 PM
JK Junkie

I measured top of axle tubes to frame and factored for axle tube changes. I gotta look back. Dirtman had posted the stock measurement of that on another site. I think it was around 5.

Just checked it was 5".Factory d44 is 2.5 od my front axle was 3.125 od if i recall correctly? So ballpark factory height would have been 4.6875 if I did that right.

And yeah i bled mine drove it a bit and bled some more after the initial bleed. I bet i did it 3 times before it got ok

Except our axles aren't in the same place. I have the factory diagram, but there is no way to get that measurement on mine. My struts are about an inch higher than they will ultimately be set at, but figured I had a lot of weight to add and the new struts have a bit of a break-in period as the internal seals are really tight. Pretty sure I will end up around 4.5". 6 up and 10 down.

Been driving it around the block (not street legal yet...). I just want to wheel it. I've got the bug bad now that it is so close.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Have you used it with a winch yet. A rock crawler buddy of mine pointed out a conern about the angle of the rope coming thru the fairlead. Said it might have too much tension in one spot or something. Idk. I didn't really understand it.
Well, typically when winching the Jeep is on an angle and so is the point you're attaching to. And rarely is the winch line not being stressed across the fairlead. Don't see any issue. That said, I don't need a winch, I just drive out of shit
Old 08-03-2015, 02:35 PM
JK Jedi

Except our axles aren't in the same place. I have the factory diagram, but there is no way to get that measurement on mine. My struts are about an inch higher than they will ultimately be set at, but figured I had a lot of weight to add and the new struts have a bit of a break-in period as the internal seals are really tight. Pretty sure I will end up around 4.5". 6 up and 10 down.

Been driving it around the block (not street legal yet...). I just want to wheel it. I've got the bug bad now that it is so close.
But isnt the frame flat from there and forward? Mines not street legal and i havent been pulled over yet. I drive it everyday to and from work but its a close drive. I hear ya. I started wheeling mine asap and never finished it ha.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:44 PM
JK Junkie

But isnt the frame flat from there and forward? Mines not street legal and i havent been pulled over yet. I drive it everyday to and from work but its a close drive. I hear ya. I started wheeling mine asap and never finished it ha.
I have no brake lights, reverse lights, or license plate. I'd say that's pushing it for cruising around town. Haha. That will all get done this week and after that it is street legal in my view.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:07 PM
JK Jedi

I have no brake lights, reverse lights, or license plate. I'd say that's pushing it for cruising around town. Haha. That will all get done this week and after that it is street legal in my view.
I think ill let that slide as a valid excuse lol. I want oris i dont want to screw with my bumps...
Old 08-03-2015, 05:54 PM
JK Junkie

I think ill let that slide as a valid excuse lol. I want oris i dont want to screw with my bumps...
Yeah, not having to deal with bumps is nice. With the little bit of drive give done, they ride great. I don't have sway bars and it has virtually no lean around corners. There's some sort of magic in those tubes.

Quick Reply: Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...