Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...

Old 12-09-2015, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, just went through all of this. You have some serious talent. Congrats!
Old 12-09-2015, 12:28 PM
JP.
JK Newbie

Very nice work!......I may inquire about getting some 1 ton axles for my 09 jk from you!
Old 12-09-2015, 01:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JP.
Very nice work!......I may inquire about getting some 1 ton axles for my 09 jk from you!
Thanks man. Shop is coming together and the first "prototype" axle is finally in development. Should know a lot more in January.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:31 PM
JP.
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Thanks man. Shop is coming together and the first "prototype" axle is finally in development. Should know a lot more in January.

Sounds good....ill check back than
Old 12-09-2015, 03:00 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by NJKURPat
Invest, you and Maertz have made me seriously consider selling my 4dr and building a stretched 2dr. My only welding experience is laying 4 or 5 beads on a piece of scrap metal, but I think I could do it if I had the time, space, and tools.

Now, just need to graduate and live out of a garage to make it happen.

Awesome work, need to wheel with you after this winter (or at least see this thing in person). Rausch, Harlen, Big Dogs, Windrock?
Thats how i started. I had no welding experience, never worked on vehicles before and hell hardly ever used a grinder before.. I learned a ton and while it may not be perfect or the best looking i saved a ton and learned alot and have pride. And if i did another itd only be better. Google and these forums make alot possible lol. I remember days looking at it all cut up going o shit that was a bad idea, ill never figure it out, but slowly got there.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:20 AM
JK Junkie

More cage progress yesterday. Got the a-pillars finished. Snaking a 2" tube through the dash was tricky. That extra 1/4" of diameter was a bit of a challenge. There are two bends in the a-pillars. The obvious 43* bend and then a 7* bend that is about 45* offset from the top bend and kicks the bottom leg outward so it is as close to the outside as possible. And to clear the door, the tube has to head further into the dash on its way down.

The cutting of the dash and dash support was far easier than I expected. Looks bad in the pictures, but the fit is outstanding. The first a-pillar took about 5 hours start to finish, including the dash work. Second one took about 20 minutes.

All that is left is the dash bar and then debating on doing an upper windshield bar and riser bars. Then the cage comes out so I can prep the interior to get bedlined.

Overall, really happy with how it has turned out.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:27 PM
JP.
JK Newbie

Looks good from the pictures..... Actually looks like fun......with the correct tools!
Old 12-15-2015, 06:13 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Looks good, are you going tie the seats to the cage?
Old 12-15-2015, 06:47 AM
JK Jedi

What are you using for a notcher?
Old 12-15-2015, 07:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Looks good, are you going tie the seats to the cage?
For now, I am not. I'm up in the air on seats. Just going to run the stock for now and figure it out later. Regardless, I doubt I'll tie the seats in. I'll get some heavy duty brackets and can always add some additional attachment.

Quick Reply: Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...