Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...

Old 08-11-2015, 06:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davids2011jk
You working on anything this week? I'm itching to get out of the house hahah
Haha. I'm actually dropping it off to a guy to get the body work done. Welding 20 gauge just isn't my thing.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:05 AM
JK Junkie

Finally driving the beast around a little. Had the alignment checked and to my amazement, only the toe needed to be adjusted. I guess I had a visit from the alignment fairy at some point.

Had the ABS system bled and the brakes feel great now. Still messing with the struts, but now that I understand them, it is much better. The ride is great, no sway bars and it doesn't sway.

Also got the tube bent for the strut tower braces and the fenders. I'll tackle that this week as well.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Finally driving the beast around a little. Had the alignment checked and to my amazement, only the toe needed to be adjusted. I guess I had a visit from the alignment fairy at some point.

Had the ABS system bled and the brakes feel great now. Still messing with the struts, but now that I understand them, it is much better. The ride is great, no sway bars and it doesn't sway.

Also got the tube bent for the strut tower braces and the fenders. I'll tackle that this week as well.

How dare you trailer that beauty around like that. Jeeps are meant to be driver not trailered lol. Looks good
Old 08-17-2015, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rock sliders?
Old 08-18-2015, 08:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
How dare you trailer that beauty around like that. Jeeps are meant to be driver not trailered lol. Looks good
Haha. Wasn't street legal yet. I'll only trailer it when I am going wheeling out of state. Otherwise, is a street driver.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by GreatWhite JK
Rock sliders?
Nope, just picking good lines! I have to modify my LoD sliders to fit. I'll probably do that this weekend and then just weld them on.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Nope, just picking good lines! I have to modify my LoD sliders to fit. I'll probably do that this weekend and then just weld them on.
Good lines definitely help!
Old 08-22-2015, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:58 AM
JK Junkie

Well, the build is pretty much done for now, just a tiny bit of painting left. Time to enjoy it. I decided to push a few projects back to the winter (roll cage, rear fenders, front aluminum fender liners, etc).

All the body work is done. Had a very talented friend take over for that part. He did a great job. For the fuel cell cover, I made some access panels. They are temporarily attached with rivets for now. I forgot to buy nutserts.

Strut braces turned out great. I used flanges in the rear for access to the bolts. As I thought about it, I wondered how I would remove a bolt once the towers were covered. With this, I remove the brace and run a socket into the tube. I used grommets for the holes, so a nice tight fit.

Oh, also decided to hold off on a rear bumper until I have some time to figure out what I really want. So, decided to make some d-rings like the ones EVO sells, accept I fully boxed them for more strength. The plate is keyed for the d-ring to slide in and then it is multi-pass welded front and rear.

Compressor is in for the lockers and wiring is done. Found a nice little universal reservoir for the washer fluid as well.

Also installed new hydro lines for the ram. Had some clearance issues on up travel. So, now I have them running up the track bar.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your jeep is truly a thing of beauty man! you have done an amazing job

Quick Reply: Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...