Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...

Old 01-23-2016, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Thanks man. Yeah, I'm always looking to meet up with people. I'll probably catch up with you on one of those events.

Windrock is definitely worth the trip. I'll be putting a trip together to go there this year. I'll let you know.
Thanks always looking for new places to go...
Old 02-29-2016, 10:03 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- Articulation department: 16" ORI STX struts all around

Attachment 582531

Hey Invest2m4, quick question regarding your ORI's since that's the route I'm looking to move up to from my current 2.5AEV setup. With the ORI's I'm assuming you can set ride height like you would be able to on a coilover correct? I only plan to run 37's at the most (for now at least) and want to keep things lcog so want to keep things under 3.5" lift. I'm thinking about going with the STX10 or STX12's.

Btw, I think I might have picked up some 2004 junkyard 60's. Negotiating price right now but I think I can get an even better price on a set from a 99' f250 albeit 30 spline outers....

Your threads have been a big help the last few days.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:11 AM
ade
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1

Hey Invest2m4, quick question regarding your ORI's since that's the route I'm looking to move up to from my current 2.5AEV setup. With the ORI's I'm assuming you can set ride height like you would be able to on a coilover correct? I only plan to run 37's at the most (for now at least) and want to keep things lcog so want to keep things under 3.5" lift. I'm thinking about going with the STX10 or STX12's.

Btw, I think I might have picked up some 2004 junkyard 60's. Negotiating price right now but I think I can get an even better price on a set from a 99' f250 albeit 30 spline outers....

60s nice.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:24 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by ade
60s nice.
Time for you to upgrade too! I'll make the beer runs and grind out the casts while you weld on the arctec trusses lol
Old 02-29-2016, 12:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1

While the 30 spline older axle may be less id still go the 05 plus. There bigger in many ways. I have that same axle and had it side by side to the newer ones. Theres a huge difference..
Old 02-29-2016, 12:54 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by Maertz
While the 30 spline older axle may be less id still go the 05 plus. There bigger in many ways. I have that same axle and had it side by side to the newer ones. Theres a huge difference..
Good lookin' out Maertz. Actually I just checked and the 1 set is from a 2005. For some reason I thought it was a 2004...
Old 02-29-2016, 05:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DJ1
Good lookin' out Maertz. Actually I just checked and the 1 set is from a 2005. For some reason I thought it was a 2004...
Have you seen our turn-key axles? Price is hard to beet even doing the work yourself. We figured it all out so you can spend time on the trails!

www.fusion4x4.com
Old 02-29-2016, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DJ1

Be diligent on the 99-04 axles. Lots of the fronts are D50s. There are axle codes to check. Don't take anyone's word for it. Most pre 2003s are D50s.

The thing with ORIs is that more stroke is better for a JK due to weight. I would say stick with 12". You should be able to get around 3.5" of lift.

If you are not in too much of a hurry, we are working on a bolt-on ORI kit, similar to the bolt-on coilover kits that are out there. We'll have them on a Jeep in prototype testing in a few weeks. The kit design is simple, it is getting the proper tune down so they work like they should on a JK that we are working on. Longer term, we will have a weld-on kit that uses longer stroke struts, but that is further out.

Since this is my thread, I wonder if I will get busted for talking about Fusion 4x4??? We'll know soon enough
Old 02-29-2016, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

This isn't the jk forum of old days where a mention of any other coil than teraflex would constitute a ban. Axles other than dynatrac.....ban. Tires other than nitto.....you get the point.

Nothing wrong with making something that will benefit the whole community I'm down
Old 02-29-2016, 06:51 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Be diligent on the 99-04 axles. Lots of the fronts are D50s. There are axle codes to check. Don't take anyone's word for it. Most pre 2003s are D50s.

The thing with ORIs is that more stroke is better for a JK due to weight. I would say stick with 12". You should be able to get around 3.5" of lift.

If you are not in too much of a hurry, we are working on a bolt-on ORI kit, similar to the bolt-on coilover kits that are out there. We'll have them on a Jeep in prototype testing in a few weeks. The kit design is simple, it is getting the proper tune down so they work like they should on a JK that we are working on. Longer term, we will have a weld-on kit that uses longer stroke struts, but that is further out.

Since this is my thread, I wonder if I will get busted for talking about Fusion 4x4??? We'll know soon enough

Yeah I actually downloaded Bill's excel sheet from Pirate just to double check. Appreciate the input on the ORI's. In my case for the time being, I know it's probably blasphemy to not go 3/4 link with the 60's but I'm trying to keep to the stock mounting points for the control arms and struts although I'd consider a bolt-on strut mount for the fronts if it makes sense to do so. Reason being is long-term the 2-door will go to the kid in 3 years when she's ready to drive so I'll be swapping the d30/44 and the 2.5AEV back for her. By then I hope to have a used 2011 JKU then the 1-tons and possibly the ORI's I'll swap those in and the $ set aside hopefully for an LS or Hemi instead of that 3.8.

But definitely, if your ORI mounts are bolt-on for the first go-through I can definitely wait. Just give me an eta so I have an idea of how long we're looking.

Hope the new shop does good. The prices are really tempting especially vs. the other options but I pretty much told myself that I was going to knock the junkyard 60's out in my garage already lol.

Quick Reply: Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...