Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 03-13-2015, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jscherb
I'm doing a few more measurements in preparation for making the main roof mold - in these photos I've got an Alpine window setting on top of the side panel, its actual location in the roof panel will be about inch higher than shown in these pictures. This concept drawing is a fairly accurate representation of what the hard top will look like when done, except that the concept is a 2dr and the parts shown are for the JKU version...

My jeep is a bright white 2dr so this one really gets me! I want it now! Haha. Loving it. Will need to make it down for a visit. Ever make it to wrangler Ave. in Savona ny?
Old 03-15-2015, 02:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by cormac827
My jeep is a bright white 2dr so this one really gets me! I want it now! Haha. Loving it. Will need to make it down for a visit. Ever make it to wrangler Ave. in Savona ny?
Nope, never been to Wrangler Ave. in Savona, I don't ever have a reason to go to Savona.

Here's a white JK with a "digitally installed" Safari Cab, although this one's on the awesome Expeditions West/Overland Journal JKU. Since this one's outfitted for expedition/camping use, I put a cargo hatch in place of the drivers rear window.

An unedited photo of the very cool Expeditions West/Overland Journal JKU:

Old 03-15-2015, 06:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jscherb
Nope, never been to Wrangler Ave. in Savona, I don't ever have a reason to go to Savona. Here's a white JK with a "digitally installed" Safari Cab, although this one's on the awesome Expeditions West/Overland Journal JKU. Since this one's outfitted for expedition/camping use, I put a cargo hatch in place of the drivers rear window. An unedited photo of the very cool Expeditions West/Overland Journal JKU:
I also have not had a reason! But a teeny offroad park in Savona our club goes to on occasion.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Besides the barn door and the JK Safari Cab, I've been working on a few JK hardware projects. I posted about the heavy-duty tailgate hinges a while ago, they're in the left photo below. Also in that photo is the CB Antenna Mount for the hinges and in the center photo is the HiLift carrier that mounts to the hinges

In the photo on the right is a heavy-duty spare carrier I've been working on. It's stronger than the factory carrier and it also has multiple mounting positions, so it can be installed to carry the spare at the stock height, or for larger spares it has a second set of mounting holes so it can be mounted higher on the tailgate to allow more clearance to the bumper. Also part of it is an adjustable third brake light bracket that uses the factory light unit, but adjusts so it hold the light high enough for larger spares.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could I ask for a Practical Possible Product ? A Fold - Flat Front passenger seat back.
Like the Grand Cherokee has ? This would give the 2 dr a nice needed boost to carrying stuff inside, laptop area, all the good uses not considered for the JK, JKU?
Could a stock seat be modified ? Hey, nothing Ventured, nothing Gained, who better than you to consider this ?
Old 03-18-2015, 10:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
Could I ask for a Practical Possible Product ? A Fold - Flat Front passenger seat back.
Like the Grand Cherokee has ? This would give the 2 dr a nice needed boost to carrying stuff inside, laptop area, all the good uses not considered for the JK, JKU?
Could a stock seat be modified ? Hey, nothing Ventured, nothing Gained, who better than you to consider this ?
Since Grand Cherokee seats already exist, how about installing them?
Old 03-18-2015, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

The 2 dr has a flip and tip Passenger seat so people can get in the back. This feature was lacking for a few years, what a pain to get in the back seat. I certainly don't want to lose this feature.
I want to retain the Wrangler seats, weight-sensing air bag harness, brackets might be different on Grand Cherokee. I would prefer to modify what I have, rather than change seats entirely .
The Fold Flat feature is very useful, a Retrofit Kit might generate interest.
An IPB of the Grand passenger seat might show the parts needed to make a conversion. Food for Thought.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Four Low, I like this idea.. we'll be searching for new seats ourselves very soon.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Thank you . I had floated this idea a long time ago, thought to put on this very creative thread, it attracts people who might run with it . Sure would be a useful mod to increase versatility, Jeeps middle name.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jeff.. Did you work on this concept?.. The safari style roof doesn't look as pronounced as your concepts..

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop