Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 07-27-2014, 05:31 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by simpleman909
... "We both like boobs"maybe? Ha ha ha ha ....
Old 07-27-2014, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man boobs?!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey expeditioners!

I recently bought a JK Rubi and have been putting together a list of things I want to buy for it specifically over the next few years. I have a ton of camping gear already so this list is just Jeep specific.

WHat do y'all think? Any comments or suggestions of things you'd switch out?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 07-28-2014, 08:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by ChrisNAngus
Hey expeditioners!

I recently bought a JK Rubi and have been putting together a list of things I want to buy for it specifically over the next few years. I have a ton of camping gear already so this list is just Jeep specific.

Great that you made these decisions and are just asking for review rather than putting this stuff up for polling. Looks like a good build. LOD used to have jerry can racks--do they still? Seems to me back then they didn't lock cans in place. Good luck getting two quality cans for $70. Friend bought cheap ones and they rusted through at seam and now leak. JW Speaker headlights: If you can live with a 90% solution for a small fraction of the price, check out the IPF replacement headlights (H4 bulbs). You'll save enough money to buy a couple quality sets of incandescent off-road lights.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Great that you made these decisions and are just asking for review rather than putting this stuff up for polling. Looks like a good build. LOD used to have jerry can racks--do they still? Seems to me back then they didn't lock cans in place. Good luck getting two quality cans for $70. Friend bought cheap ones and they rusted through at seam and now leak. JW Speaker headlights: If you can live with a 90% solution for a small fraction of the price, check out the IPF replacement headlights (H4 bulbs). You'll save enough money to buy a couple quality sets of incandescent off-road lights.
Can you link to the lights you're talking about.

LoD does make a rack and mount system, but I'm still not 100% sold on that rear bumper which is why it's so far down the list. When I find one I'm in love with it might move up a few spots. Although I'm not to worried about it because I have recovery points and wont be changing out wheels and tires for a while.

As for Jerry Cans. I might do the two gallon RotopaX red can. They're $85 a piece on quadratec and just mount to your spare tire.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:56 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Can you link to the lights you're talking about....
You need a pigtail wiring adapter, too. Contact Northridge to see if that is included.

http://northridge4x4.com/shop/ipf-je...-pair-920hjktj
Old 07-28-2014, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

You need a pigtail wiring adapter, too. Contact Northridge to see if that is included.

IPF Jeep JK, TJ H4 Headlights - Pair (920HJKTJ)
WOW what a price difference. I'm going to have to look into that more lol.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey expeditioners!

Regarding the LOD rear... I love mine, top quality bumper and the guys there are perfect to deal with. Went through a few different manufactures and a few were not very pleasant to deal with, regardless if their bumpers were good I wasn't about to support that attitude. LOD guys were super friendly and open to any conversation. I ended up having them laser cut the opening and mounting holes for my Vision X lights I put in the rear bumper, lined up perfectly! I would suggest getting the standard rear instead of the one that attaches to the tailgate. It might seem like a hassle some days to open both but you lose the ability to carry fuel on one side of the tire due to the setup. With the non door linked one you can carry fuel on both sides of the tire. I personally like the rotopax over the standard gerry cans. But... Appearance wise I like the classic gerry cans lol. Unfortunately function one and went with the rotopax, still happy with them and they grew on me.

I'd also suggest adding a set of max trax to the list MAXTRAX: Vehicle Extraction & Recovery
Old 07-28-2014, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My friend of many decades and two wars (we served in USAF together) uses that term to refer to me. He now has a Jeep, which you've seen in my videos, if you watch them. I have to be careful when he bargains for a hotel for us during trips that they understand this is the old definition of "partner", not the new one. We do require separate beds in our room!

Riyadh, Desert Storm

Storm in the Desert, Toroweap, Grand Canyon National Park

Attachment 567747
When were you in Riyadh? I was USAF rotation 12 in the 90's
Old 07-28-2014, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Regarding the LOD rear... I love mine, top quality bumper and the guys there are perfect to deal with. Went through a few different manufactures and a few were not very pleasant to deal with, regardless if their bumpers were good I wasn't about to support that attitude. LOD guys were super friendly and open to any conversation. I ended up having them laser cut the opening and mounting holes for my Vision X lights I put in the rear bumper, lined up perfectly! I would suggest getting the standard rear instead of the one that attaches to the tailgate. It might seem like a hassle some days to open both but you lose the ability to carry fuel on one side of the tire due to the setup. With the non door linked one you can carry fuel on both sides of the tire. I personally like the rotopax over the standard gerry cans. But... Appearance wise I like the classic gerry cans lol. Unfortunately function one and went with the rotopax, still happy with them and they grew on me.

I'd also suggest adding a set of max trax to the list MAXTRAX: Vehicle Extraction & Recovery
Didn't even realize I selected one that attaches to the door. Updated and now see that the option I actually thought I chose has options for rotopax and trail rack

MaxTraxx looks cool. Added to erroneous category, so if anyone ever wants to get me a gift... lol

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!