Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Post Your 22 Inch Wheels

Old 08-08-2016, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post Your 22 Inch Wheels

I am currently in build stage and am going with 22" Fuel Crush wheels with 37" Toyo OC R/Ts. I was going with 20's until I saw a Jeep (pic attached) with 22's on 37's and that was it, I had to have it. No need for the negative post I just want to see pics of others with 22's. Prefer with AT/MT's but heck even some low profiles look good too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	project-crush-1.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	654143   Click image for larger version

Name:	project-crush-2.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	654144  
Old 08-09-2016, 01:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm going to bite my tongue. It's your jeep, and it makes you happy, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using MAGIC
Old 08-09-2016, 03:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by durffjk
I'm going to bite my tongue. It's your jeep, and it makes you happy, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using MAGIC
Yes, I am with you...but i am biting my tongue around the puke!

Don't think your going to see many with 22s here. maybe on the escalade forum or something.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:57 AM
JK Newbie

Glad to see you guys can read the original post.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:15 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Just not many posers on the forums running big wheels. If you have Fakebook you should be able to find some there. There are lots of jeep groups on there.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Completely out of sorts for me because I'm not usually that guy.

But

22's on a Jeep? Really? I certainly hope you didn't expect to not get flamed....because....good luck! Might as well lower it and throw some 13" Daytons on it. Same difference. 22" wheels, 37" tires with virtually NO sidewall....what are you ever going to do with that? Sure as hell aint gonna take it off road! And since that's the case, you might as well not spend money on a decent lift that's more or less never going to get used. So just throw the 4 Wheel Parts catalog at it and call it done. And make sure you throw dual 50" lightbars across the windshield, too. And if you expect to be taken seriously with your post.....um.....you're an idiot. Why not throw those 22's on an eighties model Buick instead? Seriously....if you're really wanting to run 22" wheels and 37's....trade your Jeep in for a 3/4 ton crew cab long bed truck. At least then you wont look like as big of a tool.

Good luck with your mall crawler.

Last edited by SH0RTBUS; 08-09-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Again same tools can't read the original post.

Here are some pics I found on yes an actual Jeep Forum.

Name:	22.1.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	654231   Click image for larger version

Name:	22.2.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	654232   Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	1232
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	654233  
Old 08-09-2016, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jay-Havoc
Again same tools can't read the original post.

Here are some pics I found on yes an actual Jeep Forum.
Oh no I read just fine. But you can't really expect come on a Jeep forum and get many positive responses to a post about 22" wheels on a Wrangler. It's your Jeep and your money. You're going to do waht you want with it. Just saying if you're looking for acceptance or people to say "Dude that's gonna be sick!"....you're probably not going to find much of it here. Everyone else as you can see is biting their tongue trying to be nice. And I'm usually the same way. Just not this time.

So allow me if you will (not that you really have a choice) to inject some constructive info into my response.

Your choice of tires, although way too large in rim size, is at least a good one. Ran the Open Country RT's on my '14 ram for about 25000 miles and had no complaints. They wear good if you keep them rotated and are pretty quiet on the asphalt. Decent traction when you need it and not too aggressive. A good mix beween an MT and an AT tire.

Now if you insist on running 37's, especially with 22" wheels....please make sure you at least add a truss kit to your front axle, whether you decideto try and wheel it or not. And be prepared to replace the craptastic OEM ball joints soon after you go to larger wheels & tires. The shitty nylon insert inside them will wear out extremely fast and they're not serviceable. So either spend $250 on Synergy ball joints that at least have grease zerks and sintered metal inserts, or pony up for the rebuildable DynaTrac ones that run about $500. Also, make sure you replace the OEM track bar, drag link, and tie rod with something beefier. I personally run a Rock Krawler adjustable track bar and Synergy tie rod & drag link. The Synergy tie rod uses 1 ton TRE's which you'll definitley want for running those wheels and tires.

Again.....good luck and hope it's everything you expect.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks man, not looking for recognition just wanted to see other Jeeps with similar set ups. Thanks for the advise on the Synergy Ball Joints, I actually already ordered them and the truss kit for the D30. It all should be here by the time the entire lift gets shipped. Set up should be just fine with how I will use the Jeep.

Here's another one I found 22/37's

Name:	22.3.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	654235  
Old 08-09-2016, 06:56 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I read your post and don't have any images to share. But I do have some relevant info. JK-Forum is more about rock crawling, with a strong expedition/overlanding contingent. 22" wheels are not very suitable for either of those pursuits. You may as well have posted in a knitting forum for pictures of Jeeps with 22" wheels as posting here. Not trying to seem rude, just be honest with you.

Quick Reply: Post Your 22 Inch Wheels