Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Am i crazy?

Old 11-11-2007, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am i crazy?

I am wondering if i would be crazy to want to trade my hard top for a soft one? I wanted one from the start but my dealer couldnt get one.should i ? anyone interested? it is black.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Totally an editorial, but I prefer the hard top.

The only reason I'd think of having a soft top is if I were opening and closing the top frequently instead of using it one way or the other for long periods of time... But even now the freedom top makes that a little bit less of an issue.

Just my opinion.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blk07jk
I am wondering if i would be crazy to want to trade my hard top for a soft one? I wanted one from the start but my dealer couldnt get one.should i ? anyone interested? it is black.

You can buy a soft top and frame for way less than the hardtop. I would wait until after winter you will like the glass windows and rear wiper/defogger. I went through a VA winter last year (no garage) glad I had the hardtop.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:44 PM
JK Junkie

I have both,the soft top gets a lot of use here in cali.I like it because i can remove it,put it up/down with no help.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

all the soft tops i have seen have been rather high. My money is rather tight an that money could be used for other mods.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blk07jk
Put it on Craiglist and sell it. That's what I did w/my TJ's. Someone will buy it from you, no problem, especially w/the winter coming up
Old 11-12-2007, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

I test drove a TJ with a soft top and thought it was was very noisy. Now that I've had my hard top and doors off, I think I could live with it. I like the "pickup" look I have now, with the Windjammer and Duster. The doors are on right, but I had them off for about a month.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a soft-top only and have never even thought of buying a hard-top. So, either you're not crazy or we both are!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I prefer both and have both. I am stationed up in Maine now and I do not think I could go through the winter with the soft top. I just wait until April and swap them out for the summer. If I end up back in Jacksonville, FL, I will end up just leaving the hard top on permanently due to security reasons. It wont keep them out, but it might deter them more than a soft top.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No you're not crazy. For me, the soft top is part of the Jeep experience. But, I'm glad the hard top is an option for those that would prefer or need something other than a soft top. Don't believe people that say you need a hard top for winter. The soft top is just fine, because your heaters put out enough heat to melt the polar ice cap -- it's a non-issue. I've been through a few Minnesota and one Colorado winters with the soft top and didn't have an issue other than it gets cold really fast after you turn off the heat.

Quick Reply: Am i crazy?