Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer pricing thread

Old 06-11-2012, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer pricing thread

This thread is for purchasing new Jeeps and getting the best pricing....

I guess I have some insight but also some questions.

First off, there are a lot of rebates out there which are not always fully disclosed - if you know of one please post it! $$ start date and end date.

Second, it is easier to negotiate when you really know what the dealer has to deal with as far as profit compared to what they say that they have ( a lot of BS ), so if you know the truth please share!

Finally no BS, we need to dig down to the truth and hopefullywe can all work together to get each other the best deals!

So please throw in your 2cents and/or ask the questions!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

First to jump in, lease conquest rebate --> $1000 off if you currently have a lease from someone else even if you are not turning it in.

So if your wife is leasing a toyota whatever, you can get a $1000 off! Make sure to mention it and stand your ground!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:30 PM
JK Freak

Question.... Dealer stated that they would give me the preferred pricing that they would give me the preferred pricing that thread lightly gives but I am not allowed to use the code? Why do they not want me to use it?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Subscribed. I'm in the market and hate the haggling
Old 06-12-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Halas
Question.... Dealer stated that they would give me the preferred pricing that they would give me the preferred pricing that thread lightly gives but I am not allowed to use the code? Why do they not want me to use it?
My bet is that they don't want to pay a kick back. I know a lot of the dealerships in the USAA autobuyer service will honor the USAA certificate deal but prefer you not actually get the certificate because they claim they have to pay a kick back fee to USAA for sending you their way.

Speaking of which if you bank with USAA their automotive buying service will send you to a dealership with the Jeep you want and a certificate the dealership has to honor. I saw about $4,000 off MSRP(I know no one pays MSRP). I've used this certificate to talk dealerships that don't do this down to a lower price.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you have to BANK with USAA, or can you have insurance with them to get that pricing/discount?

Originally Posted by Amro
My bet is that they don't want to pay a kick back. I know a lot of the dealerships in the USAA autobuyer service will honor the USAA certificate deal but prefer you not actually get the certificate because they claim they have to pay a kick back fee to USAA for sending you their way.

Speaking of which if you bank with USAA their automotive buying service will send you to a dealership with the Jeep you want and a certificate the dealership has to honor. I saw about $4,000 off MSRP(I know no one pays MSRP). I've used this certificate to talk dealerships that don't do this down to a lower price.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rancho
Do you have to BANK with USAA, or can you have insurance with them to get that pricing/discount?
As long as you are a USAA member, you are allowed to use the service.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:19 PM
JK Freak

Tread lightly gives you the discount of 1% below invoice as well.
You have to be a member which is well worth it, you also get $100 rebate on Goodyear tires, and it is a tax write off.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

also check and see if your place of business gets any type of discount with either jeep or the dealership it self. my wife works for Presbyterian and we received the employee discount which i believe was 3%. not a ton, but every bit counts. right
Old 06-12-2012, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Invoice was $36,389. I got $1300 under invoice = 3.5% off.

Quick Reply: Dealer pricing thread