Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Florida laws

Old 03-10-2013, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida laws

Looks like I am 90% sure that I will be towing my jk to jeep beach this April from Ontario Canada!!

I am wondering if I should be aware of any laws (like fender flares, mud flaps,towing capacity etc) in Florida.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2013, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

In what manner are you towing? trailer? flat? dollie? We drive down to Jeep Beach every year, and really have never encountered anything on the way (aside from a nasty speed trap near Ocala) PM me if you have any questions.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

There is no vehicle inspection in, Florida. However, state troopers do not like tinted headlight or tailights. make sure everything formt he factory is working, and you are good to go.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepwave
Looks like I am 90% sure that I will be towing my jk to jeep beach this April from Ontario Canada!!

I am wondering if I should be aware of any laws (like fender flares, mud flaps,towing capacity etc) in Florida.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
You'll be good to go. I've run doors off no side mirrors driving next to cops before without any issues.

As far as mud flaps/fender flares, when you start seeing some of the bro trucks around here with 6-10" lifts running 40"+ tires without any of those, you'll understand that florida gives no fucks about anything on cars. A good amount of cars you see on the roads are barely operable and shouldn't be on the roads to begin with!

Can you bring me down some candy from up there? I used to live in Hamilton and can't get any of the good Cadbury candy down here like Crunchie bars
Old 03-11-2013, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeep-creep
There is no vehicle inspection in, Florida. However, state troopers do not like tinted headlight or tailights. make sure everything formt he factory is working, and you are good to go.
x2 on this.. Here in florida they hate the tinted lights. The law only requires you to have a front and rear bumper. No worries about fenders or mudflaps
Old 03-11-2013, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mattfl

You'll be good to go. I've run doors off no side mirrors driving next to cops before without any issues.

As far as mud flaps/fender flares, when you start seeing some of the bro trucks around here with 6-10" lifts running 40"+ tires without any of those, you'll understand that florida gives no fucks about anything on cars. A good amount of cars you see on the roads are barely operable and shouldn't be on the roads to begin with!

Can you bring me down some candy from up there? I used to live in Hamilton and can't get any of the good Cadbury candy down here like Crunchie bars
Thanks !!

Lol dude if I end up going (just waiting on a road trip buddy) then I will surely bring you some candy hahaha
Old 03-11-2013, 06:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 305jk

x2 on this.. Here in florida they hate the tinted lights. The law only requires you to have a front and rear bumper. No worries about fenders or mudflaps
Awesome! My lights aren't tinted but I did plastidip some angry eyes maybe I will have to take em off for the trip
Old 03-11-2013, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepwave

Awesome! My lights aren't tinted but I did plastidip some angry eyes maybe I will have to take em off for the trip
Naa.. No need to. I dont think you have a problem with that
Old 03-11-2013, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much if it rolls, it's legal

Quick Reply: Florida laws