Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How many of you have sold a Wrangler just to miss it and buy another?

Old 02-28-2015, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330
So I listed my JKU on eBay and within 24 hours I had to pull it down. It's a '13 and I've put an insane amount of miles on it so I was thinking of getting out of it and into something cheaper or newer. Then I had the idea to move into a new JKU and start over again. Anyway, I just couldn't do it because I knew I would miss the Jeep life. Anyone ever actually gone through with the sale and then came back? Talk me out of selling this thig!
Just did it, sold my 2013 JKUR about 2 years ago, and just bought the exact same color and spec 2013 JKUR, delivered today!
Old 02-28-2015, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jk_sea
How many miles are on it? We've got almost 50k on our 2013. Had the same discussion. Ended up deciding to start looking for a new set of tires and seeing if we can run it out to 100k.
76k on mine you'll definitely get an easy 100k out of it!
Old 02-28-2015, 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
Sold a 93, in 2001, after 8 years as a DD and trail runner. Almost immediately regretted it. Bought another YJ within 2 years of that and kept it until I got my JK in 2014. Won't ever be without a Jeep again. Like they say... There is just something about a Jeep
Similar story here. I had a '93 and ran it for about 130k miles and sold it in '03. It was in perfect shape, too. I really don't know what the hell I was thinking. I missed it every day until I got my '08 JKU. I won't be selling this one, unless I'm shopping for a new one, and even then, I'll probably keep this one.

Man, I'd still love to have that old YJ back.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Traded in my 2007 JKU Sahara on a 2012 Silverado. Only made it a year and a half and I traded the truck in on a 2013 2 door Sahara and bought a trailer to hopefully help talk me out of needing a truck again.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmwil
Similar story here. I had a '93 and ran it for about 130k miles and sold it in '03. It was in perfect shape, too. I really don't know what the hell I was thinking. I missed it every day until I got my '08 JKU. I won't be selling this one, unless I'm shopping for a new one, and even then, I'll probably keep this one. Man, I'd still love to have that old YJ back.
I sold the 2nd YJ when I bought the JK. Loved it but just wasn't driving the YJ at all. Sold it to a buddy, who is no getting into jeeps. It found a good home
Old 02-28-2015, 07:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by etl330
So I listed my JKU on eBay and within 24 hours I had to pull it down. It's a '13 and I've put an insane amount of miles on it so I was thinking of getting out of it and into something cheaper or newer. Then I had the idea to move into a new JKU and start over again. Anyway, I just couldn't do it because I knew I would miss the Jeep life. Anyone ever actually gone through with the sale and then came back? Talk me out of selling this thig!
Bought a 04 new lifted it then when the made the lj a rubi the next year I upgraded to that. Told myself I needed a truck for work (I do construction ) and got a ram. Never stopped missing my jeeps though so when back them in 13. Love it
Old 02-28-2015, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had an 08 for 4 years, TF leveling kit and 315"s/17's, sold it for GT500 because it was a dream to always own a Shelby (my dad owned a 66, 67, and 68 while I was growing up). So after my dad passing in 11' it was something I wanted to do.

Modified the GT500 to 650rwhp and it was an awesome DD. Endless power after the TVS supercharger upgrade,but eventually, i needed more room in my daily driver. So after 2 years with the Shelby I decided to swap it for something with more usable room. After much thought, and test drive, the JKU was the only vehicle that I really excited me enough to own. I now have a 14" JKU with AEV 2.5" and 17" Method Race wheels wrapped in 315 Duratracs. New engine, interior, and auto tranny are a huge improvement over my 08.

Miss the power sometimes, but the practicality of the JKU wins me over. This will be the vehicle that my 14yr old and 11 yr old learn to drive in, And a big plus is that my 14 MPG (after lifting it) is still better than the 11MPG I was getting with the Shelby

Also, now have white instead of black and am enjoying not having to wash the Jeep every week (or every other day with the black Shelby).
Old 02-28-2015, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default Getting back in....

I got rid of an 08' Rubicon in 2012 to get a 2013 Grand Cherokee Overland. I thought the refinement of a GC and all of its amenities would be the pinnacle. Turns out, I was wrong. So I just ordered my new 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock in Copper Brown.... It won't be here for almost 2 months but I've already ordered a couple hundred bucks
worth of accessories for it.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got a '11 jk 2 Dr
Put $5k of mods into it
Traded it in for a Toyota Tacoma (wanted a pickup for hauling things)
Missed having a jeep
got a 4 Dr. 2014 with another $5k of mods into it

Don't think ill ever get rid of this jeep. After its paid off, I'm going g tto get aa pickup again....but ill still have the jeep for my son.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

I just sold mine last week , I miss it a little but not as much as I thought I would

It did help that I replaced it with something right away, but only time will tell

Quick Reply: How many of you have sold a Wrangler just to miss it and buy another?