Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How many of you have sold a Wrangler just to miss it and buy another?

Old 03-04-2015, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 08 brand new, got it paid off and decided I wanted a new 2011 silverado crew cab, kept it 9 months and ordered my 2012 unlimited. They'll have to pry this one from my cold dead monkey death lock hands!
Old 03-04-2015, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an '07 2 door.. sold it... missed it for about 4 years.. then bought a 2012 JKUR brand new off the lot.. plan to keep it for a long time.. mostly because if I don't, my wife might smother me with a pillow.

pictures... because why not?

old 2 door:

and my current 4 door
Old 03-04-2015, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smbundy13
I had an '07 2 door.. sold it... missed it for about 4 years.. then bought a 2012 JKUR brand new off the lot.. plan to keep it for a long time.. mostly because if I don't, my wife might smother me with a pillow.
I'm with you smbundy13, except there would be no pillow. There would be something a LOT more painful.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKnewb
Sort of in that boat now... Had a 2007 JK sport and absolutely loved it! Bar none, my favorite vehicle I've ever owned. Fast forward to 2012 and I'm now married, bought a house and have a kiddo on the way. Trade it in for a 2012 Unlimited. I kept the unlimited for about 1.5 years and then bought a car (Focus ST). I love the car but now I have 2 kiddos and I'm out of cargo space and the car isn't the best in Upstate NY weather. So now I contemplate getting rid of the ST for another Unlimited. I've also considered keeping the ST and buying an older JK sport, but would rather not tack on another vehicle to inspect, insure, etc.
Just take the wifey for a test drive in a 2015 unlimited and see becomes of it.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKnewb
Sort of in that boat now... Had a 2007 JK sport and absolutely loved it! Bar none, my favorite vehicle I've ever owned. Fast forward to 2012 and I'm now married, bought a house and have a kiddo on the way. Trade it in for a 2012 Unlimited. I kept the unlimited for about 1.5 years and then bought a car (Focus ST). I love the car but now I have 2 kiddos and I'm out of cargo space and the car isn't the best in Upstate NY weather. So now I contemplate getting rid of the ST for another Unlimited. I've also considered keeping the ST and buying an older JK sport, but would rather not tack on another vehicle to inspect, insure, etc.
My vote (if I have one) is get the unlimited !
Old 03-05-2015, 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bought a new black Sahara 08 JKU (soft top) in Jan of 08 and had it for 4 years. 17" Duratracs on XD Addicts and TF spacer lift. Sold it for a black 2012 Shelby GT500 that i proceeded to mod to 650RWHP. Man, that car was fun, and it was a dream of mine to own a Shelby one day, but after a year and half I was missing the Jeep. Needed more room for the kids and their activities, so when I decided to get rid of the Shelby there was only one vehicle that I even considered (well, i thought about a Ram 1500 for a bit).

So glad I got back in another JKU..this time in white. And it has all the creature comforts of a proper mall crawler. Black leather, NAV, dual top group, and i've added the following:

AEV 2.5" lift
17" black Method Race wheels (305) w/315 Duratracs
Quadratec stealth headlights
Rigid SR-M diffused reverse lights (flush mounted into the stock tail light housing)
TF HD spare mount
Tuffy Rear Deck Enclosure
Tuffy Underseat lock box

Love this Jeep. Taken it camping a couple times and looking forward to doing some light trails in Fla with it.

As much as I loved the Shelby, and definitely miss it at times, there is nothing like the Jeep. This one is a keeper and my 14yr old will be learning to drive in it soon. I'll never be without a Jeep in my household again.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I traded my '02 TJ for an FJ Cruiser (we added another kid to the zoo and needed more room; the '07 JKU just didn't rub my happy spot when I looked at them for the first time). It took us until 2011 to ditch the Toyota for a JKU.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

First jeep was at 16, a 98. Dad gave to me and bought another one. Sold it when I went to boot camp. After that got a truck and motorcycle (deployment money). Got married, got her a jeep. She hated it so traded it in. I than traded my truck for a jeep. Traded that for a Raptor, kept that for about a year and now a few months ago got my 4th jeep.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

I just bought my 11th Jeep. Traded in my '08 Sahara for a Silver Metallic '15 Sahara with all the bells and whistles. Thought the '08 would be the last one but fell in love with this one too. I've had a '49 Jeepster, a '82 Scrambler, an '86 Comanche, an 86 CJ-7, an '88 Cherokee, a '94 YJ Renegade, a '95 Grand Cherokee, a '97 Sahara, an '06 Sport, an '08 Wrangler Unlimited and now the '15 Unlimited. I realize the '49 Jeepster was a Willys and not a real Jeep. Since I am getting long in the tooth I imagine this is the last one. I've enjoyed all of them.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, this was me! Sold my 07 JKU and in less than 2 years bought a 2011 JKU. Nothing else I want to drive.

Quick Reply: How many of you have sold a Wrangler just to miss it and buy another?