Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I just bought a 2010 Sahara ... what should I know/do?

Old 09-21-2013, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I just bought a 2010 Sahara ... what should I know/do?

Example: back when I bought my first jeep... a 99 TJ.... I wish I had known about the exhaust manifold cracking problem.

WHat should I know about my 2010 sahara? ANd, in your opinion, what should I do to it?

It is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned and I want to keep it that way as much as possible. So.... naturally i will not be doing any hardcore offroading in it (offroading where i live means tree-branch/brush scratches all over the vehicle's paint job).

So does my year have any design flaws? Any problems I should know about?
Old 09-21-2013, 01:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dirtymoney
Example: back when I bought my first jeep... a 99 TJ.... I wish I had known about the exhaust manifold cracking problem.

WHat should I know about my 2010 sahara? ANd, in your opinion, what should I do to it?

It is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned and I want to keep it that way as much as possible. So.... naturally i will not be doing any hardcore offroading in it (offroading where i live means tree-branch/brush scratches all over the vehicle's paint job).

So does my year have any design flaws? Any problems I should know about?
Only real issue may be the dreaded "Death Wobble" some stock JK's have it and all most all lifted JK's will have it...

Do a search on the forum and a few threads will come up.....
Old 09-21-2013, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

I don't believe death wobble is at all common in stock JKs.

Either way the solution is usually inexpensive, just frustrating. Can't think of anything to concern you about, although they are only 3 years old so it may be a while before long term issues come up.

I would follow up with the dealer on recalls and tsbs, as there are some minor ones specific to certain 2010 build dates.

As to what to do? Enjoy it!
Old 09-21-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gas might spit back out at you when you fill up unless the problem had already been resolved at the dealer by the previous owner...recall issue
Old 09-22-2013, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If you don't take your jeep offroad, it will get angry at you and fall apart.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by horrocks007
If you don't take your jeep offroad, it will get angry at you and fall apart.

its lifted jk or still stock
Old 09-23-2013, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

No manifold issues like the TJ. I had that too. It was lovely... As mentioned, if the gas spits back at you when it's filled up, there's a possible extended warranty you can take it in for to have it corrected. Your mirrors will drip water forever when it's washed so you can drill a small hole in the bottom of each so it runs out quicker. Hard to think of anything else. It's a solid Jeep! Enjoy.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There's lots of good information on here. The 3.8L engine is a good one, but it's not without some problems. Some people have issues with them where they burn oil, and newcomers to a used JK often are surprised when the sump runs low on ones that burns excessively. My advice would be to check the oil NOW, and do it periodically to establish if, and how much, your engine could be burning. It's acceptable and within factory tolerance to burn some, but just don't let it surprise you (or leave you stranded).

I realize that's kind of a grim-reaper post. Just something to be aware of. Otherwise, you've just purchased one of the most capable vehicles on the planet. Enjoy it, and wave back at other Jeepers!
Old 09-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go wheel it! Hit some trails with some friends next chance you get. Then decide what you want to be able to do with your Jeep. Good luck!
Old 09-23-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Default 2010 jk

You need to understand that the cable linking the transfer case to the shift lever has plastic in each end that can break anytime you shift between 4 hi, 4 lo, or 2wd.

Quick Reply: I just bought a 2010 Sahara ... what should I know/do?