Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The Jeep (Wrangler) Wave

Old 11-21-2016, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Jeep (Wrangler) Wave

I've had my Jeep for a little over 4 months and love every minute of it. Since owning my Jeep I've come to realize there isn't just one way other Jeepers wave to each other. I've gotten the standard three finger wave, the three finger wave out the window/door, the full hand wave, the hover wave where they wave with a hand off the wheel, I've gotten a fist bump, a head nod, two handed wave on the wheel and I've even gotten a night wave which was a special moment. So I guess what I want to know is how many different ways have you been waved at?
Old 11-21-2016, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverJeepAdventures
I've had my Jeep for a little over 4 months and love every minute of it. Since owning my Jeep I've come to realize there isn't just one way other Jeepers wave to each other. I've gotten the standard three finger wave, the three finger wave out the window/door, the full hand wave, the hover wave where they wave with a hand off the wheel, I've gotten a fist bump, a head nod, two handed wave on the wheel and I've even gotten a night wave which was a special moment. So I guess what I want to know is how many different ways have you been waved at?
Two-finger "pope" style wave is my jam.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:58 AM
JK Junkie

All are acceptable but beware of the one finger wave. Lol
Old 11-21-2016, 11:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had em all twice. It hurts being snubbed.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cutman
Had em all twice. It hurts being snubbed.
it really does! Like wft? Lol
Old 11-25-2016, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

I do the 2 finger and sometimes the whole hand wave.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I read in a 4w. d. mag. years ago about a Jeep wave hierarchy. It was about what kind of Jeep you have depends on how you wave. If you drive a Military flat fender, you don't need to wave to others. If you see a flatty, you must wave enthusiastically. It went on and on. It seems those with a new Jeep are at the bottom of the totem pole of Jeep waving hierarchy.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dahreno
I read in a 4w. d. mag. years ago about a Jeep wave hierarchy. It was about what kind of Jeep you have depends on how you wave. If you drive a Military flat fender, you don't need to wave to others. If you see a flatty, you must wave enthusiastically. It went on and on. It seems those with a new Jeep are at the bottom of the totem pole of Jeep waving hierarchy.
So what if I tow my '46 2A with my '16 JKU? Hahaha.
Old 11-26-2016, 12:38 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I wave enthusiastically, usually with some semblance of the two finger V for victory, to every Jeep I see. Modded, unmodded, dirty, clean, new, old, beat up, pristine. There is no hierarchy, as far as I'm concerned, since most of that is written tongue-in-cheek anyway. I also wave enthusiastically to folks in other brands of vehicles that are built for overlanding (usually the snorkel is a dead giveaway). I don't pay much attention to whether they return the wave or not. If they do, I've rendered my fellowship and respect already. If they don't, they can get no satisfaction in having snubbed me for I really wasn't looking out for that. But if I do happen to catch them snubbing me I just laugh it off. When the JL comes out, I will continue to wave first. It is pretty rare when someone beats me to the wave, but I'm always delighted when they do.

Lost somewhere north of the Arctic Circle ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska Trip, May-Jul 16, Ray's Pics, 1_6161, Dalton Highway.jpg
Views:	1419
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	661631
Old 11-26-2016, 04:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in Lancaster Pa. there are quite a few jeepers, and most Wrangler drivers wave. I normally use the 2 ffinger V wave, but I have noticed when the wife is driving she gets alot more waves than I do.
Click image for larger version

Name:	is_00646.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	800.0 KB
ID:	661650
Hmmmmmm wonder why that is???

Quick Reply: The Jeep (Wrangler) Wave