Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lift Kits

Old 07-15-2013, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Kits

Im looking at a 2 1/2" Rubicon Express lift, I was just wanting to get some feedback on if its a quality lift or what a better one would be.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Depends on what actually comes in it, but RE usually makes pretty decent parts. Might consider looking into others, too, like Rock Krawler, AEV, TeraFlex, etc.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Does Pro Comp make a good quality lift?
Old 07-15-2013, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tman626
Does Pro Comp make a good quality lift?
I don't want to knock them, as I've never had much dealing with them, but there are certainly people that run their stuff and like it. Others run it, end up either hating or breaking it, and go with something along the lines of what I mentioned. You have to figure that if the parts are inexpensive and seem too good to be true....they usually are.

I'll PM you a list of ones you might want to think twice about.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:48 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

It would depend on the kit and what is included but rubicon express and pro comp are considered a low end kit, same with rough country, bds, and zone. They all do similar short cuts to get the job done on a lift.

You might want to read this thread as well.
My thoughts on lifts -A Must Read if your getting one
Click on this^
Old 07-16-2013, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys I appreciate the help.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I vote for RockKrawler
Old 07-16-2013, 06:53 AM
JK Freak

I've had the Rubi Express kit before. The good thing about their products is that they are strong. Down side, their kit is stiff as hell. I switched to the Rock Krawler kit and it is a lot smoother. Downside of that is that they sag badly under weight. If I had to do it all over again (with a budget) I would look into Old Man Emu maybe. With no budget, I would go Metal Cloak all the way.

Also the Evo Plush coils sag really really bad.... from the day you put them in. But the are probably the most comfortable I've had.

Last edited by B 1000; 07-16-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B 1000
I've had the Rubi Express kit before. The good thing about their products is that they are strong. Down side, their kit is stiff as hell. I switched to the Rock Krawler kit and it is a lot smoother. Downside of that is that they sag badly under weight. If I had to do it all over again (with a budget) I would look into Old Man Emu maybe. With no budget, I would go Metal Cloak all the way.

Also the Evo Plush coils sag really really bad.... from the day you put them in. But the are probably the most comfortable I've had.
I disagree on the RK kits. I've been running mine for about 2 years now and haven't noticed any sag at all, even after adding front & rear bumpers, 37" spare, GenRight steel tire carrier, etc. I have no complaints at all about Rock Krawler parts. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The MC kits are really only a couple hundo over the RK kit. I would splurge and go MC.

Quick Reply: Lift Kits