Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My rant for the day : hosed by a fellow jeeper on the forum.....

Old 03-30-2013, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My rant for the day : hosed by a fellow jeeper on the forum.....

Just wanted to send a " thanks for nothing" to a fellow keeper who hosed me on a aev high steer kit. I am kind enough not to throw him under a bus with a name but I did send a nasty-gram pm to him..

I bought that aev hi steer from this guy a few months back.
And after three months of sitting in a box and finally getting all other parts together I got a week off and started to put my parts on my jeep.
Well.....
I am willing to bet his death wobble went away after he removed the hi steer kit and pawned it off to me.

I asked him why he was removing it and he said it was fine nothing wrong....just going a different route with his set up.

Well I opened the box and everything was there not thinking of it.. But today after I got my jeep tore apart I noticed:

First the stablizer he sent was more then used... It was shot .. Probably due to the death wobble I'm sure he was having .
Second the bracket was so worn out that it was unusable. The trac bar hole was so bored out I don't know if I could even jimmy rig a " weld washer" trick to fix.

Just my rant, I guess I shouldn't assume all jk/jeep guys live by a " hey he owns a jeep he's legit" code.

Oh well, live and learn.....

Bottom line let karma strike ... And his death wobble return...... At 75 mph.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you can explain this on this members profile to his feedback score. This is a good example why we brought this idea to the forum.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by k0260
you can explain this on this members profile to his feedback score. This is a good example why we brought this idea to the forum.
can feedback only be done on a computer and not thru the iPhone app?
Old 03-30-2013, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bummer man. Hopefully you're not out a lot of money and you can order a new replacement. It sucks not everyone is honest.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

I saw call him out. If he sold it under the impression it was new or in new condition them burn him.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fugg it
can feedback only be done on a computer and not thru the iPhone app?
hmmm, not sure on that one...
Old 03-30-2013, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrightSilverRubicon
Bummer man. Hopefully you're not out a lot of money and you can order a new replacement. It sucks not everyone is honest.

Not sure if I'm more fired up about the hose over on parts or having the jeep tore apart and pissing in the wind until parts come in.

Basically slapped all back to previous and will start again next time I have some time off.

Like I said I could be " that guy" and let him be shunned by the forum.... But
I'll let the jeep gods handle it.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:57 PM
JK Freak

Without a name we have no idea of who not to do business with in the future ..
Old 03-30-2013, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rattler_thesnake

Not sure if I'm more fired up about the hose over on parts or having the jeep tore apart and pissing in the wind until parts come in.

Basically slapped all back to previous and will start again next time I have some time off.

Like I said I could be " that guy" and let him be shunned by the forum.... But
I'll let the jeep gods handle it.
I understand perfectly. I would be pissed off too. I know some want his name posted, but I think u are doing the right thing by just venting. I don't think outing him online will get you any positive results. It will just turn into a pissing match of he said\he said. I think the Jeep Gods will provide deserved justice ;-)
Old 03-30-2013, 09:42 PM
JK Freak

That's a bummer. I wish the feedback system was available a long time ago. I have sold a ton of stuff on here and some of it was high dollar, couple grand high dollar. It's nice for the other members to know who is honest and who is not. I have asked potential members to check my old for sale threads and pm the buyers for reassurance. Hopefully this guys axle explodes...lol

Quick Reply: My rant for the day : hosed by a fellow jeeper on the forum.....