Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Roll Over

Old 12-31-2012, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll Over

How far can I push my JK before it rolls over? Degrees?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default My suggestion

Go to youtube and search Jeep roll over, there are A LOT of videos, some longer than other. Watch what others have done and learn from their mistakes. They happen at all different speeds and degrees of incline as well as different level of modification, lift. There is no real rule of thumb for this except use a spotter and make sure you trust your spotter.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:10 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Your question can be answered only by going to the point it actually rolls. That point will be valid only when the JK is setup, fueled, packed, etc. exactly the same way.
There are too many variables to put a number to it.

Even if you determine how far it can go on one off-road trip, it will be different on the next trip.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the feed back.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

The butt-pucker method works best for me. When your a$$hole is so tight that you couldn't stick a sewing needle in there, you've gone far enough.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Krawlersaur
The butt-pucker method works best for me. When your a$$hole is so tight that you couldn't stick a sewing needle in there, you've gone far enough.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must you use a seeing needle?

In a way, this is the best method... Go as far as you are comfortable. The less experience you have (like myself) the more conservative you should be. I got lucky on my virgin off road trip and ran into some guys who gladly let me join their group (an old Jimmy, a heavily modified Cherokee and a buggy) and I was usually the second to last. Plenty of places, if I hadn't seem them do it, I wouldn't have even thought about it.

With that said, Hidden Falls has some pretty straight forward trails and in most situations it looks like sliding into a rock or tree was the most likely result of error.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Not sure why you would determine by sticking something in your rear to keep you from rolling,but hey to each their own I prefer you go over or you don't
Old 12-31-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you hear yelling and screaming you are probably doing something cool. If you realize you are the one yelling and screaming you may have taken it too far.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by keithvegas
If you hear yelling and screaming you are probably doing something cool. If you realize you are the one yelling and screaming you may have taken it too far.
Hahah think that about sums it up

Quick Reply: Roll Over