Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Rear cargo tiedown anchors

Old 02-27-2007, 09:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the 4 doors had tie down points under the carpet??? Great idea though, I think I will do it also. Anybody find the best place to buy the D-rings?

This mod could give my drill the mirrors a run for the money!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

well you could always buy the D rings at a toyota dealer, or the land rover dealer. Or a wrecking yard from one of the above. I will do some searching around online to see if I can come up with part numbers. seems like a good 4x shop should have d rings too. you can always order online.

stay away from the screwdriver rivit nuts. they are lighter duty than the standard. the standard style can be installed with a bolt, a washer, and a ratchet.

McMastercarr has D rings in their catalog too. These seem like they should be a standard piece of hardware. has anybody tried a trailer supply. they usually have binns of hardware for the guys making and modifying their flatbed trailers.

just a quick google search for D rings or te down rings results in many styles. many of the websites are trailer suppliers. so try you local trailer store. Personally I like the versions posted at the landrover site.

Last edited by gpwpat; 02-28-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gpwpat
well you could always buy the D rings at a toyota dealer, or the land rover dealer. Or a wrecking yard from one of the above. I will do some searching around online to see if I can come up with part numbers. seems like a good 4x shop should have d rings too. you can always order online.

stay away from the screwdriver rivit nuts. they are lighter duty than the standard. the standard style can be installed with a bolt, a washer, and a ratchet.

McMastercarr has D rings in their catalog too. These seem like they should be a standard piece of hardware. has anybody tried a trailer supply. they usually have binns of hardware for the guys making and modifying their flatbed trailers.

just a quick google search for D rings or te down rings results in many styles. many of the websites are trailer suppliers. so try you local trailer store. Personally I like the versions posted at the landrover site.
I've done my fair share of fixing, repairing, and building cars trucks and jeeps but you learn something new everyday. I'm still sitting here in amazement that I have never seen that done before. I will defiantly check the Nutsert out, and a nice clean Mod. If DC would pay attention to all of this simple Mods and incorporate them into the future Jeeps life could only get better.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I took mine of my Hummer -

They work great.

Last edited by jk-rubicon; 03-14-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

apparently there's supposed to be tiedown loops under the carpet and the factory just forget/neglected to install them. i included a link to the relevant thread below. i'm gonna head to my dealership tomorrow and inquire about this. the tiedown loops are listed as standard features on the jeep website and Rubidozer said he got his dealer to order them for him.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/cargo-tiedowns-standard-equipment-4539/
Old 05-09-2007, 04:09 AM
JK Freak

This cargo tie downs issue is going to come back and bite DC in the ass...

ANYWAY,,,, Has anyone figured out what the holes in the lower back of the roll bar are for??

I was thinking that would make good attachment points for cargo..
(MAYBE GET EYE BOLTS FOR TRUCK STAKES WITH THE SPREADERS, LIKE SHEET ROCK BOLTS) Yea, I know there's a word for them.. just can't think of it now..
I will follow up on that and look for something suitable..

I am sure if we get to really looking there will be more somewhere.(attachment points). I like the idea of the Aspen tie downs.. Maybe someone can come up with a part# and we can order some.. That seems to be the only way to get something done as of now..

I DON'T BELIEVE ANYONE HAS ACTUALLY SEEN THE CARGO TIE DOWNS..

Still trying to get the dealership to pony up the hood insulator, and the hood bumpers.. nothing yet..
Old 05-17-2007, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

Here's more stuff about D rings.. I did an install too..

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/new-install-rear-cargo-d-rings-8270/
Old 05-17-2007, 02:13 PM
JK Jedi

I ordered the 1" stainless D-rings from captainsams sight and they came in like a couple of days. I chose the cheapest shipping and it was a little over a dollar.

Great find captain!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I ordered the 1" stainless D-rings from captainsams sight and they came in like a couple of days. I chose the cheapest shipping and it was a little over a dollar.

Great find captain!
No Problem.. I assume you followed the install post..

I am all over the place with it.. So many cargo tie down posts.. Needs to be in write ups..

WOL, is probably gonna ex-communicate me one day for messing up his Forum with stuff in all the wrong places..!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

I realize that this is a fairly old thread, but it's nonetheless a valuable mod, IMO. I noticed earlier today that there are two rubber plugs just inside the rear door at what are in my mind logical mounting locations for tie-down anchors. I was curious if these are perhaps for mounting the subwoofer (right side for US version / left for UK version?), since the one on the right side seems to be in the same location as the subwoofer mounting bracket that is shown in the last photo of the OP's post. Are these new for the 08's, or have these been on all of the JK's and folks have just been electing to drill holes for the tie-downs elsewhere?

I

Quick Reply: Rear cargo tiedown anchors