Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.1 stroker? Who's done it? Pros vs cons

Old 05-21-2015, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm taking a break from this build for a while. I will get back sometime after the holiday.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I wrote this in a different forum

My experience with 505 Performance was more frustrating than I had ever imagined this process could go. March 6 when I ordered the engine Zach said 3 week lead time and i bought headers and 10 tunes from him. 8 weeks go bye and i have to keep in touch with zach and hound him to send me updates on new engine. I think if i just spent 6k with somebody they better respond to every text, email and phone. Zach just doesn't do that. Finally got my headers back from ceramic coating and still have to received my 10 tunes ($300.00 worth of tunes). For the next 4-6 nights I'm data logging for zach. May 18-20 gave him a total of around6 mins of datalogging and each night we ended oour conversation with Jarod: So how much more do you need and when can i get my tunes? Zach: This is good stuff and should have tunes tomorrow. Well he lied. My mechanics at B K Performance called him out on this tuning issue and he got so pissed off at us he had to throw the 1 thing that i did wrong in my face about 3 times. Did we charge him for buying a new oil pressure sensor because he sent my engine with a faulty sensor, NO we didn't. I have an email that he sent me last thursday night that will be an interesting read for any potential buyer. One question that I asked him was: Jarod Why did you send me an engine that will not run right? Zach You have to data log for me so I can right a tune for you. Jarod: So let me get this straight, you sent me an engine knowing its not going to run right until i do all this data logging for you. Why wasn't this done at your shop? I need my tunes by tomorrow(Thursday). Zach: I didn't hook up the 3rd and 5th plug wire backwards. I don't have the capabilities here and you have the biggest cam that I've ever put in one of these engines.

I could go on and on but that does nothing. Zach took 3600 when i ordered his engine and a week before he shipped my engine he took the rest without shipping the engine for another week. Oh yeah he didn't call me to tell me that my engine had shipped either. My wife checked our discover card and he had charged the rest of the money without calling or texting or emailing. Some customer service he has.

In my opinion Zach has sent me and engine that he could not tune and his engine still does not run right. If you order an engine from 505 Performance I would be within driving distance so you could see progression and not have to rely on Zachs ****ty customer service. My next move now is trailering my jeep to chicago to Modern Muscle because there tuning guy said he will write a tune in 4-8 hours. By the way Zach told me that it will take him 5-10 days to write a tune for this engine. I told him that he had it for 7-9 weeks why didn't he write a tune then. If I had it to do all over again I wouldn't spend 6k with 505 performance. I will be thinking about buying Hesco stroker kit for my old block. Keep watching 505 Facebook page. I plan on posting pics and a video on how well Modern muscle tuned my untunable in 4-8hrs engine because it takes 5-10 days. What a bunch of horse ****.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is the email he sent me last Thursday. After myself and B K Performance started to ask questions. I'm sorry if I have a day job and don't start working on my jeep till 6pm(4pm his time). I just spent 6k with you as long as u are open for business what does it matter. Also a part of his ****ty customer service.

Iv been patient with and tried to cut a few corners and make it easy for u, at this point u calling me at 400pm in afternoon and expecting me to turn a tune out in 10 minutes is not going to work!!
This is what u need to do
I need
The mapsensor bar code 2 bar 2.5 what ever it is i cannt do anything without this, call ripp get it.
I need fuel pressure reading at idle.
U injectors are to small to work with our tunes so u can either buy new injectors or wait for custom tune!!

I recomend running engine for 500 miles with factory injectors and tune, make sure all ur factory sensors are working properly!! NO ENGINE CODES everything is squared away. There was a problem thats why your last motor broke we need to fix the problem.

You asked for a custom engine yours has a special supercharger cam duration 210/210 or a 113 center line 500 lift compression is 9.5
You need to instal a wide band guage u can order them from summit its made by auto meter.

ALL custom tunes take 5 to 10 workin days to build.

I will not move forward tell these items are meet, or i will be glade to credit u money for tune and u can take it to

I
anther shop and have it programmed.

Every tune is custom built and has to be overlayed to your existing file that is how chrysler does it.
Thanks Zach

Thank you for your inquiry,
505 Performance
Old 05-25-2015, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Why would u use the factory tune on a custom engine? If I was Zach I would just tell people to tune somewhere else. Y would my 39lbs fuel injectors be too small when they are bigger than the stock injectors. And when he told me that the factory ecu will learn what the new engine is doing and it should be fine. At that point in time I knew he was blowing smoke up my azz. In turn I asked him y are u charging me for a tune when the ecu will learn it? Zach says a smart *** comment.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

After modern muscle tunes my jeep on 5/29 I can tell everyone how his engine runs. Im not impressed with anything that has happened with my experience with 505 Performance.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UNREAL!! Reading this has me feeling an adrenaline rush!! Livid doesn't even begin to describe what I would be if this was my Jeep! I HATE EXCUSES!! Sorry to hear....
Old 05-25-2015, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm so glad to know all of this. I think unless this kind of stuff gets ironed out, when I go to replace my 3.8 I'll just go with a direct replacement from Pep Boys as someone recommended.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HOGGSTATUS
UNREAL!! Reading this has me feeling an adrenaline rush!! Livid doesn't even begin to describe what I would be if this was my Jeep! I HATE EXCUSES!! Sorry to hear....
You have no idea
Old 05-25-2015, 02:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow man sorry for all the heartache. Hope your new tuner gets it squared away for you.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As soon as you let someone else tune it, you relieve the engine builder of all liability.

If the engine comes apart it will be because you were "impatient" and the engine tuner you used was "incompetent".

Get the builder the information he requested so he can make it right if you can.

If he's a qualified builder, engine tuner, and overall stand up guy, he will make it right.

If not, then every JK owner in the world will know not to do business with them.

Hope this works out for both parties.

Quick Reply: 4.1 stroker? Who's done it? Pros vs cons