Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEV Tire carrier qustions

Old 12-16-2014, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Tire carrier qustions

Q#1 I found an AEV bumper/carrier on CL for $1200. good deal? Im not sure if these bumpers hold ther value or transfer any kinda of warranty.

Q#2 has any one used only the carrier with a custom bumper?? I was thinking about just the carrier and a "mil-spec" type bumper you've seen on the J8.

Q#3 The tailgate that the J8 has, can that be bought? or is it made? Mine got crunched.. I think if i have to buy a new one why not try something different.

I tried to search this but nothing solid. thanks for any help.

Last edited by GreenJKBooger; 12-16-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

AEV makes great stuff but overpriced in my opinion. I'm sure others will chime in but you can get the same quality and better at better prices, especially used.

Sam
Old 12-16-2014, 06:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JacKed 8
AEV makes great stuff but overpriced in my opinion. I'm sure others will chime in but you can get the same quality and better at better prices, especially used. Sam
^^^Good advice. Check out JCR or LoD, both American made and great product. I'm always baffled at the premium people pay for AEV. There's magic.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

I think i found what i'm looking for, poison spyder makes a Northridge edition that will work with the AEV carrier. IMO is one of the better carriers. anyway the bumper is based off the brawler. I have pics i dont know if i can post them here?

The tailgate cant be bought from AEV, they have an agreement not to piece out their kits or some HORSE_SH*T like that!
Old 12-18-2014, 04:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenJKBooger
I think i found what i'm looking for, poison spyder makes a Northridge edition that will work with the AEV carrier. IMO is one of the better carriers. anyway the bumper is based off the brawler. I have pics i dont know if i can post them here?

The tailgate cant be bought from AEV, they have an agreement not to piece out their kits or some HORSE_SH*T like that!
Please send me the Craigslist post link. Thx.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenJKBooger

I guess I have always been bothered by how the design leaves the spare off-center and hanging to the passenger side. I have a like new Rubi 10th anniversary bump for sale. That will accept the carrier as well.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I have been trying to come to a decision for bumper tire carrier😱.I love the looks of the PSC Brawler but $1400 is a very steep price to pay. I don't understand why they charge so much as I'm sure a lot of prospective buyers end up buying something cheaper. I have the Smittybuilt XRC on the front and it has held up great for the three years that I have had it. So my other choices are the Body Armor Rear HIgh Clearance (Quadratec lists at $846.99, Rockhard 4x4 Rear BUmper with tire carrier $1189.99, Smittybuilts XRC $899.99 or XRC Atlas $999.99. Just wondering if anyone has some advice as to what I should do? Also if I do go with the PSC how much extra is it going to cost me to paint? I really like PSC angles, features... Don't want to go with the Tera Flex, and I want a bumper with a hitch feature. Any good deals out there?
Old 01-20-2015, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hornetman
I have been trying to come to a decision for bumper tire carrier😱.I love the looks of the PSC Brawler but $1400 is a very steep price to pay. I don't understand why they charge so much as I'm sure a lot of prospective buyers end up buying something cheaper. I have the Smittybuilt XRC on the front and it has held up great for the three years that I have had it. So my other choices are the Body Armor Rear HIgh Clearance (Quadratec lists at $846.99, Rockhard 4x4 Rear BUmper with tire carrier $1189.99, Smittybuilts XRC $899.99 or XRC Atlas $999.99. Just wondering if anyone has some advice as to what I should do? Also if I do go with the PSC how much extra is it going to cost me to paint? I really like PSC angles, features... Don't want to go with the Tera Flex, and I want a bumper with a hitch feature. Any good deals out there?
I have the Body Armor rear bumper and tire carrier. I might be selling in the next few months because I want to run the PSC body mounted tire carrier and no rear bumper. If interested, PM me. I live a few hours north but would be willing to meet.

Quick Reply: AEV Tire carrier qustions