Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Banging somwhere under floorboards/ Dash

Old 11-09-2015, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banging somwhere under floorboards/ Dash

so guys when im driving I can feel a banging under my feet not that loud but it must either be a some kind of steering or suspension component loose or on its way out I took a look but in not quite sure. another nto I have some weird noise coming from ym dash like a coil jingling in there. how do I get the dash off to find out what it is?
Old 11-09-2015, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LifeAsRob
so guys when im driving I can feel a banging under my feet not that loud but it must either be a some kind of steering or suspension component loose or on its way out I took a look but in not quite sure. another nto I have some weird noise coming from ym dash like a coil jingling in there. how do I get the dash off to find out what it is?
This is going to sound crazy but I had the same issue and it was due to my trektop being folded back and bouncing on the roll bar. The banging on the roll bar manifested itself in what felt like a bump under my drivers side feet. You didn't mention if you had the top folded back but if you did I would look at that as the issue.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brian1967graham
This is going to sound crazy but I had the same issue and it was due to my trektop being folded back and bouncing on the roll bar. The banging on the roll bar manifested itself in what felt like a bump under my drivers side feet. You didn't mention if you had the top folded back but if you did I would look at that as the issue.
this might be true if I had a soft top. I have a hard top. and I cant figure out what the hell it is.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

What's the frequency of the bang? Like continuous or occasional or in a turn or when you hit a bump, etc...
Old 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Probably the bass from your speakers
Old 11-10-2015, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jedg
What's the frequency of the bang? Like continuous or occasional or in a turn or when you hit a bump, etc...
When I hit bumps dosent matter what speed
Old 11-10-2015, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renzo1200
Probably the bass from your speakers
Haha no bass boom is a different feel lol
Old 11-10-2015, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Look under the jeep under the passenger floorboard. I had something similar and it was a fuel line L connector that had come loose from the gas tank snap groove and was banging on the pass floor board.

Quick Reply: Banging somwhere under floorboards/ Dash