Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best supercharger for the money... ripp? 505? Sprintex? other?????

Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MagnaCharger
We are trying.... But we have to make it smog legal thats whats tough.

As are we, your right, real tough rules out there. Best of luck!

RIPP
Old 01-19-2015, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

40,000 plus miles on my RIPP and no regrets!!
Old 01-21-2015, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't been on the forum in a long time. First time back, and what do I see? Another thread hijacked by rippmods. I will never buy a ripp charger. Not because of the product but because of rippmods. Even if it was the only supercharger out there.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:12 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knightrohulk
Haven't been on the forum in a long time. First time back, and what do I see? Another thread hijacked by rippmods. I will never buy a ripp charger. Not because of the product but because of rippmods. Even if it was the only supercharger out there.
Rant on

This the saddest thing we've seen in a long time - RIPP as a company supports its clients on ALL platforms. As a matter of fact as a whole it's hard NOT to get in touch with a RIPP tech or sales team member. We are the smallest company out of all the forced induction options out there - and - we have set a precedence and a bar. Our clients enjoy our hardware as much as our support because after all, whats hardware without support.

We hope you take a couple of steps back and realize - that in this day and age, not many companies you spend $5000-7000 care as much as to be available on forums, phone, email, social media, weekends and holidays... We do! Not only that, we do it with a 5 man team total. That's a dedicated group of guys and a boss that cares.

So, don't buy a RIPP supercharger - perhaps one of the other companies can do a better job for "you", as an individual, because apparently the world revolves around you and your opinion and/or need for personal one-on-one service. Because the guys who have purchased a RIPP kit get that and we're not going to stop because Knightrohulk has voiced his opinion that we are too involved.

Backwards thinking....

RIPPTECH < YOUR WELCOME TO CALL us 718-815-1313 x17

Rant off
Old 01-22-2015, 03:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
Rant on This the saddest thing we've seen in a long time - RIPP as a company supports its clients on ALL platforms. As a matter of fact as a whole it's hard NOT to get in touch with a RIPP tech or sales team member. We are the smallest company out of all the forced induction options out there - and - we have set a precedence and a bar. Our clients enjoy our hardware as much as our support because after all, whats hardware without support. We hope you take a couple of steps back and realize - that in this day and age, not many companies you spend $5000-7000 care as much as to be available on forums, phone, email, social media, weekends and holidays... We do! Not only that, we do it with a 5 man team total. That's a dedicated group of guys and a boss that cares. So, don't buy a RIPP supercharger - perhaps one of the other companies can do a better job for "you", as an individual, because apparently the world revolves around you and your opinion and/or need for personal one-on-one service. Because the guys who have purchased a RIPP kit get that and we're not going to stop because Knightrohulk has voiced his opinion that we are too involved. Backwards thinking.... RIPPTECH < YOUR WELCOME TO CALL us 718-815-1313 x17 Rant off
Wow! The old thread has resurfaced!

Last edited by CajunTiger; 01-22-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well.... Guess since it was my thread... I'll post an update and a few comments.

Sprintex supercharger... It did exactly as advertised... it was a purpose build unit just for our jeeps,,,, not a hack of parts put together... it ran great... had instant acceleration... 0 lag. and it pushed the big old all terrain 36"?35?... tires down the road without the Rubicon gearing...

Ripp. I would never ever ever buy anything from him or recommend him to anyone... ever... no one likes a product shoved in there face constantly.. and not by so much as happy buyers, but Ripp himself... I met him at SEMA a few years ago... same attitude... if its not mine it junk.... I've seen the product and it looks as if someone made it in there back yard... so.. thats MY opinion on this,,,

OK... Sold the Sprintex SuperCharger because my wife ran to low on oil and spun a rod bearing....

So.... I put in a 5.7 HEMI in it... NOW THAT MAKES A REAL DIFFERENCE!!! OMG... I CAN WALk ON A NEW FORD RAPTOR...
Absolutely smoke my f150 5.4, my sons chevy v8 truck, and his Silverado 2500 with a supercharger...

The Hemi kit was supplied by JSS Jeep Speed Shop here in California... everything went together perfect...
Old 01-23-2015, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pauldana
Well.... Guess since it was my thread... I'll post an update and a few comments. Sprintex supercharger... It did exactly as advertised... it was a purpose build unit just for our jeeps,,,, not a hack of parts put together... it ran great... had instant acceleration... 0 lag. and it pushed the big old all terrain 36"?35?... tires down the road without the Rubicon gearing... Ripp. I would never ever ever buy anything from him or recommend him to anyone... ever... no one likes a product shoved in there face constantly.. and not by so much as happy buyers, but Ripp himself... I met him at SEMA a few years ago... same attitude... if its not mine it junk.... I've seen the product and it looks as if someone made it in there back yard... so.. thats MY opinion on this,,, OK... Sold the Sprintex SuperCharger because my wife ran to low on oil and spun a rod bearing.... So.... I put in a 5.7 HEMI in it... NOW THAT MAKES A REAL DIFFERENCE!!! OMG... I CAN WALk ON A NEW FORD RAPTOR... Absolutely smoke my f150 5.4, my sons chevy v8 truck, and his Silverado 2500 with a supercharger... The Hemi kit was supplied by JSS Jeep Speed Shop here in California... everything went together perfect...
What HP and TQ numbers on your hemi? I assume you changed out the axles too?
Old 01-26-2015, 07:32 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had very good experience with RIPP.

I bought two of them. I installed one on my wife's JK and one on my JK.

I've wheeled with the guys from RIPP. They are great.

Now, I'm one of those over analytical types. I like manufacturers who are as nerdy as I am. I want to understand all the why's and the how's. Ross is exactly what I want in a manufacturer.

To me, the RIPP is the best deal going. Buy it for about $5500. Use it for several years. Take it off your jeep and sell it used for $3500 when you are easy to sell your jeep. Total net cost, $2000.

There is no way a person can recover all but $2000 of a V8 swap.

Would I like a V8? Of course. But it would be more cost effective to buy a JK that already has a swapped V8 at a huge discount.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ripp supercharger... When the rubber meets the road lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3370510817.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	594677  
Old 02-01-2015, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

So, I get why people buy the ripp.... it was available and it is a decent product. But a spool design is a bad choice for any jeep. I have a sprintex and love it. I have not had this much control when crawling even when ruining on 35s.. Instant jump in torque, instant performance. It's no hemi, but it's a whole lot better than before.

Best part, out pacing a 3.6 up a hill on the highway. I am running 4.88s on 38s. He was running 4.56s on 35s.

Quick Reply: Best supercharger for the money... ripp? 505? Sprintex? other?????