Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best supercharger for the money... ripp? 505? Sprintex? other?????

Old 01-04-2013, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noone said they didn't have a good product or anything about the owner. I said that I don't really like the way that the RIPP poster on this forum handles himself or herself according to thier post content I've seen.

Originally Posted by Tanner6427
And SPRINTEX. doesn't post at all, or provide any facts!! I run the RIPP stage 2 with long tube headers and it's a great product!! I've met the the owner of RIPP along with their tech support and they're a great group of guys and very knowledgeable about the products. SPRINTEX doesn't provide any other dynosheets besides ONE!!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, here we go again. Look they are both great products! No need to put either one down. I understand defending why you chose a particular one but why try and put the other one down. It's good to have competition. It will help lower some prices for us all!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

By the way, I've spoken several times with Scott at Sprintex USA, and he's a nice guy too. Shares his knowledge freely on the phone. I've thought to myself abuut how they should be putting more of that information out to others who are interested. So I post here what I find in effort to educate others. I don't say anything about how one product is better than the other. I made my choice based on price, time of purchase, information that I had available....which may or may not include my perception of a company based on who they have posting on these forums where we come to share knowledge.

PS: I agree with Rubicon10 as well. More choice is always better for the consumer.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Demtek9- did you ask Scott why he doesn't post information on the forums for members when they have questions? Also have you asked him what Sprintex has lined up for the 12+ model jeeps?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tanner6427
Demtek9- did you ask Scott why he doesn't post information on the forums for members when they have questions? Also have you asked him what Sprintex has lined up for the 12+ model jeeps?
Nope, I don't care because I have an 09. I'm done on this post as it doesn't concern me anymore either.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubicon10
Ok, here we go again. Look they are both great products! No need to put either one down. I understand defending why you chose a particular one but why try and put the other one down. It's good to have competition. It will help lower some prices for us all!
Agreed, as to why our new sale that runs to the end of the night.

As to our "attacks" it is more of an education as to why, and what centrifugal design that we use. Our responses come only after coments of " only at 5500rpm " or "only at WOT" and that is absolutely not the case. Do other competitors make more initial tq or hp, yes. Do other competitors products make more claimed overall power, yes. But to make statements that are just untrue, and claims that are just false is wrong.

Transparency in our product and advertising has been, and continues to be a cornerstone in our marketing. It is what has allowed us to celebrate 2013 as our 20th year in the automotive performance industry (1993-2013). Our "attacks" on the competition are a "show me". We have dozens of publicly available dyno charts, and videos posted by us, and independently by installers and customers. If it is an attack on a competitor to ask the same, to educate the consumer, then I guess we are guilty.

Questions welcome.

RIPP
Old 01-05-2013, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

I personally don't feel you're attacking anyone. You have an awesome product....just doesn't fit my driving habbits. I have the sprint ex installed and works great.....does exactly as I expected..Ripp is a great company/product. And looked into it.....is one better than the other? Maybe...depends on desired results...let's all get along and enjoy our common passions
Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

RIPP the reason I used the word "attack" was because I've seen you post about the Sprintex not having a intercooler and you stating that it is an inferior product because of this. This misleads a potential buyer because of your false statement. I think that it is very wrong for a company of your stature to make such accusations because you know very well that a twin screw style supercharger has very low intake temps compared to a centrifugal, thus the Sprintex does not need an intercooler. I've never said anything bad about Ripp, you do have a great product.Lastly the way you smother the forums with your product, via post, videos and dyno sheets is very effective and it will ensure that you stay on top of your market over competitors, it's just not how I think a 20 year old company should present it's self. That's just my opinion.
Cheers,

Last edited by Spyhop; 01-05-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default my update.

First of all, I can see RIPP has turned this into an advertisement for his product, this thread was NEVER intended to be a sales thread....it was intended to be used to get consumer input about the products available, and how they felt about there choice... and to compare points of view.

Second, I meet RIPP at SEMA, and my personal opinion falls right in line on how he post, arrogant, spiteful of new products, condescending, and well... just out right rude. He quickly called me out on a race, I said sure, i live in Lancaster Ca... he replies thats fine I have products all over the US...So i said lets do it... well, im still here... send out a stock JK none rubicon gearing, no intercooler with 3-4psi boost and lest run em!!! and if you only got ones with intercoolers thats fine because Sprintex is coming out with one in just a few months.

Third.... just a few off replies to some post that were made since i was gone... My little brother died, and its been a bit rough here...

Originally Posted by Prodigy Performance
Is this a graph from a chassis dyno or engine dyno? i dont know how the graph can be traced at such a low rpm if attached to a chassis dyno?
Chassis... this Sprintex unit has power NOW... ist amazing to cross an intersection.. im always the first off the line..

Originally Posted by ChargedJK
from Sprintex: I'd love for you to check out our system if you have not purchased one. Our system is designed for off the line torque and is one of the easiest to install that is currently produced. We are however not a ROOTS, we have a Twin Screw which is much more efficient. We have spent years and millions to be able to mass produce twin screws at a market price. That is why we are so competitive.
Yea... I got one... your late in the game... i would recommend it to others..

did we meet at SEMA?

Originally Posted by jeeper32
AND under what thread can I find the results off all this talk.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...243995-218084/

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
It has to happen first.

RIPP
it did... and as you know it was amazing...

Originally Posted by 11rubiwannabe
Who drives around @5500rpm?
no one... well... i do out at Willow Springs Race way in my Vett's once a month...

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
Sprintex = +70 wtq at 1950rpm makes for a more some quick starts! 250 torque at 3000rpm

Therefore much more low end = fun to drive!! If I was to do it all over again I'd still go with the sprintex an if magnuson had the 2011 tuning they would be in the running too!
and this is a true statement...

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
{ RE:RIPP}Yes but your system is not for everyone, if you like to drive over 3500rpm to the 5500 rpm then sure but everyone I know keeps their rpms below 3500 rpm this a twin screw system is perfect for them!
correct

Originally Posted by demtek9
Honestly I think RIPP is the first one to start beating thier chest and putting other products down. If they had this weekend's sale before now, I would have looked hard at thier kit and really considered it as an option before. The put-down posts they have put up on this forum made me rethink thier product more than any dyno sheet.
agree

Originally Posted by Spyhop
RIPP posts just about anywhere that has to do with superchargers. Even in the competitions dedicated threads. They put people down by making negative comments about a competitors superchargers that the member just bought or is looking to buy. I've seen RIPP post on just about every jeep forum out there. If your product is so great why not let the consumers speak for the product themselves.
he did this in my build thread as well... its irritating. His attitude and posting practices are a reason alone i would never buy a ripp

Originally Posted by demtek9
By the way, I've spoken several times with Scott at Sprintex USA, and he's a nice guy too. Shares his knowledge freely on the phone. I've thought to myself abuut how they should be putting more of that information out to others who are interested. So I post here what I find in effort to educate others. I don't say anything about how one product is better than the other. I made my choice based on price, time of purchase, information that I had available....which may or may not include my perception of a company based on who they have posting on these forums where we come to share knowledge.

PS: I agree with Rubicon10 as well. More choice is always better for the consumer.
agree

RIPP the reason I used the word "attack" was because I've seen you post about the Sprintex not having a intercooler and you stating that it is an inferior product because of this. This misleads a potential buyer because of your false statement. I think that it is very wrong for a company of your stature to make such accusations because you know very well that a twin screw style supercharger has very low intake temps compared to a centrifugal, thus the Sprintex does not need an intercooler. I've never said anything bad about Ripp, you do have a great product.Lastly the way you smother the forums with your product, via post, videos and dyno sheets is very effective and it will ensure that you stay on top of your market over competitors, it's just not how I think a 20 year old company should present it's self. That's just my opinion.
Cheers,
agree once again.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

RIPP posts just about anywhere that has to do with superchargers. Even in the competitions dedicated threads. They put people down by making negative comments about a competitors superchargers that the member just bought or is looking to buy. I've seen RIPP post on just about every jeep forum out there. If your product is so great why not let the consumers speak for the product themselves.
I'm in the market for a s/c for my '10 Rubi, so I have been scouring the Internet forums for info & reviews. I too have noticed RIPPs negative comments. Instead of making me want to try their product, it actually makes me want to avoid them altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Best supercharger for the money... ripp? 505? Sprintex? other?????