Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frame mounted rock sliders

Old 11-24-2009, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evolution
Thanks Piginajeep,

Here is a picture of our latest slider, GenII. They have been very popular.

We have found that a frame mounted slider can withstand more intense hits and works very well with the secondary protection of the EVO RockSkins.

EVO...
I must say those are super nice, whats the price?
Old 11-24-2009, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Your clueless. I doubt you have even seen how the rockers mount. I've dropped the full weight of the jk on one rocker. These rockers distribute the weight across the bottom of the tub. Unless your superman. Your not going to hit the rockers harder than I have with the weight of the jeep.
You are calling me clueless, yet you are the one arguing whether a vehicle is designed to be lifted by the body? FTW, right there.

Yeah I've seen how they mount. A million f'in nutserts after you drill holes in your new Jeep. I'm sorry you got rocker mounted guards, but please do not try to convince me what vehicle engineering tells us is fact. Does your manual tell you to jack up the vehicle by the body to change a tire? Of course not.

How strong are those gonna be when your whole rocker is rotted out from the holes you drilled in it?

Please back up your argument with facts and logical points if you want to argue. Otherwise please let the rest of us give the OP advice on what HE wants, FRAME MOUNTED SLIDERS, just what the title says.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08leocon
You two kiss and make upDiff likes and opinions is what makes the world go around
I don't think panini jeep wants to. He wants others to put crap on there jeep, too, then maybe he'll feel better
Old 11-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 08leocon
I must say those are super nice, whats the price?
EVO RockSlides GenII Introductory Pricing: We will have a Press Release up soon.

2 Door $339.99 set (Raw)
4 Door $399.99 set (Raw)

Add $60 for Textured Black Powder Coat

Available now ready to ship!

http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...-ARMOR-SLIDERS

EVO...
Old 11-24-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

Those EVO sliders look sweet and the price is right too.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Damn! I wish I woulda waited six months and bought them instead of making custom ones...THOSE ARE SOME OF THE NICEST SLIDERS I'VE SEEN!

One thing...can the pinch weld be notched to tuck those sliders up higher? or would the attachment plates be off the top of the frame them? thx
Old 11-24-2009, 12:55 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by NwiTACO
You are calling me clueless, yet you are the one arguing whether a vehicle is designed to be lifted by the body? FTW, right there.

Yeah I've seen how they mount. A million f'in nutserts after you drill holes in your new Jeep. I'm sorry you got rocker mounted guards, but please do not try to convince me what vehicle engineering tells us is fact. Does your manual tell you to jack up the vehicle by the body to change a tire? Of course not.

How strong are those gonna be when your whole rocker is rotted out from the holes you drilled in it?

Please back up your argument with facts and logical points if you want to argue. Otherwise please let the rest of us give the OP advice on what HE wants, FRAME MOUNTED SLIDERS, just what the title says.
thanks for proving my pointt, they are not mounted with nutserts. I fail to see where I said the JK's designed to be lift by the body, but since you bring it up. Jeep engineers made the stock rubicon rockers mount to the tub..

Last edited by Piginajeep; 11-24-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

And I do believe they say not to lift the vehicle by them as well.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Junkie

Frame mounted my next set will be evo's
Old 11-24-2009, 01:14 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sledgehammer , geez, I could take a 20lb maul and F'up a dump truck. IMO not too good of a comparison or challenge. As long as it protects like it should , frame or body mounted, all is well. Hopefully no one on here is jumping their jk's off a ledge onto the rocks. My superduper mopar enhanced rails work for me.

Quick Reply: Frame mounted rock sliders