Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Frame mounted rock sliders

Old 11-23-2009, 11:18 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame mounted rock sliders

Last week some guy lost control and slammed into the entire drivers side of my Jeep and demolished my factory side steps and caused plenty of damage all over. My Jeep is going in tomorrow morning for repairs but I called up my insurance today and asked if it was fine that I purchase an aftermarket set of rock sliders rather than having the dealer just throw on a factory replacement which btw is valued at $703 cdn. They gave me the OK

I've got it narrowed down to two or maybe three brands and I just want to hear what you guys think. Not that this will be my deciding factor but rather maybe you guys will point out some pros or cons from one brand to another that I'm not aware of. Also, I'm really leaning more towards the frame mounted rails. Right now the LoD and Shrockworks are at the top of my list but I can't decide.

here's my choices;

Shrockworks rock sliders
MBRP
LoD rock sliders

Last edited by MFX; 11-23-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST CLICKABLE NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 11-23-2009, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Get a quote for Shrockworks, get the check from insurance, buy stock rubi take-offs on craigslist. That should give you a few hundred in extra accessories.

Last edited by JKommuter; 11-23-2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spelling/grammar
Old 11-23-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Junkie

Shrockworks here I love em

Old 11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Don't think that will work because I have to deal with the insurance adjuster who already informed me that he wants to see the new rails along with the invoice before the insurance can issue the check. Besides, I want the look and functionality of beefier side rails anyway.

Originally Posted by JKommuter
Get a quote for Shrockworks, get the check from insurance, buy stock rubi take-offs on craigslist. That should give you a few hundred in extra accessories.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're not considering PureJeep, and they are by far the best on the market - if you want the best protection, I can't recommend them enough.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Junkie

Shrockworks, HANDS DOWN. I personally don't trust body mounted panels. I do on the other hand, trust frame mounted. Thick steel to thick steel.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

You're already in the right direction going with fram emounted. Anything else is crap. Anyone cna argue if they want but they are wrong. Show me one vehicle which was designed to be lifted by the body? You won't find one.

Frame mounted and frame mounted only.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MFX
Last week some guy lost control and slammed into the entire drivers side of my Jeep and demolished my factory side steps and caused plenty of damage all over. My Jeep is going in tomorrow morning for repairs but I called up my insurance today and asked if it was fine that I purchase an aftermarket set of rock sliders rather than having the dealer just throw on a factory replacement which btw is valued at $703 cdn. They gave me the OK

I've got it narrowed down to two or maybe three brands and I just want to hear what you guys think. Not that this will be my deciding factor but rather maybe you guys will point out some pros or cons from one brand to another that I'm not aware of. Also, I'm really leaning more towards the frame mounted rails. Right now the LoD and Shrockworks are at the top of my list but I can't decide.

here's my choices;

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/jeep/Mopar-OEM-Jeep-Wrangler-Factory-Style-Side-Steps-01-Up-P9359C4173.aspx
Shrockworks rock sliders
MBRP
LoD rock sliders
LOD all the way and you wont have a long wait to get them,just call David at northridge
Old 11-23-2009, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NwiTACO
You're already in the right direction going with fram emounted. Anything else is crap. Anyone cna argue if they want but they are wrong. Show me one vehicle which was designed to be lifted by the body? You won't find one.

Frame mounted and frame mounted only.
Every unibody vehicle
Old 11-23-2009, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bling
Every unibody vehicle
Maybe so, but my '93 Probe GT wasn't very well designed for such.
Opening or closing a door while on the jack yielded some very unpleasant results. I've heard from many others that the Probe wasn't alone in its jack flex.

Quick Reply: Frame mounted rock sliders