Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Frame mounted rock sliders

Old 11-25-2009, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by river2c
Those EVO sliders look sweet and the price is right too.
Agreed, may need to upgrade
Old 11-25-2009, 08:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NwiTACO
I'm not trying to argue for agrueing's sake, but the whole fucking thread is asking about frame mounted sliders and these guys want a pissing match. C'mon, can't they read the thread title?

And I love popcorn!
Whoa whoa whoa, calm down man (though thats probably the last thing a mad person wants to hear), No need for the temper, I myself dont care what I read but I know some other people on here may not appreciate it as much, just saying. If you could keep it clean and constructive thatd be awesome, not trying to be rude here, just looking out for other people. It is a public forum with rules
Old 11-25-2009, 08:54 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Well as the OP, it's been fun watching this thread spiral out of control for no reason other than personal preference but I ended up going to David for the LoD sliders but HOLY SH!!!T those EVO sliders are sick. Too bad they have to be welded on though. Mud getting trapped inside of the gaps of the LoD isn't a big deal because I don't wheel my Jeep....YET! The only reason I preferred frame mounted over body has to do with installation. Drilling a few holes in the frame isn't a big deal but starting to drill into the body just doesn't sit well with me.

Thanks for the responses guys
Old 11-25-2009, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Because of this thread, im going with the EVO ones!

Last edited by jdredrock; 11-25-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:02 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by MFX
Well as the OP, it's been fun watching this thread spiral out of control for no reason other than personal preference but I ended up going to David for the LoD sliders but HOLY SH!!!T those EVO sliders are sick. Too bad they have to be welded on though. Mud getting trapped inside of the gaps of the LoD isn't a big deal because I don't wheel my Jeep....YET! The only reason I preferred frame mounted over body has to do with installation. Drilling a few holes in the frame isn't a big deal but starting to drill into the body just doesn't sit well with me.

sorry man, Just trying to point out how they mount, so people are not misinformed of how they mount. Which I'm not sure cleared up anyhow...

Nice choice on the LOD's. post some pictures after the install
Old 11-25-2009, 09:12 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

No need for sorries buddy. Will get those pics up 4sure. I can't wait for the transformation from being stock just last week and in a few more weeks she'll have been lifted, new tires and those sliders. Man I can't wait to have it all come together!

Again a big to everyone for the responses
Old 11-25-2009, 12:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MFX
No need for sorries buddy. Will get those pics up 4sure. I can't wait for the transformation from being stock just last week and in a few more weeks she'll have been lifted, new tires and those sliders. Man I can't wait to have it all come together!

Again a big to everyone for the responses
You wont regret the LoD's my friend, like I said Ive seen 'em, and yes, im jealous
Old 11-25-2009, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MFX
...I ended up going to David for the LoD sliders...
Great choice can't wait to see them.

And since there are no instructions included, here is a link to some info.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Good choice on the LoD. But I gotta say, I have the PureJeep rockers and they are fantastic. To that whole argument going on above,
nwitaco - it is pretty clear you have not seen how the PJ rockers are mounted. Regardless of what the OP wanted opinions on, any discussion on this forum about rockers gets a lot of different responses. Thats just how it is.

The PJ rockers are more than able to handle the entire load of the jeep while jacking. I have done this numerous times. The strongest area of the PJ rockers are around the door frame, I can assure you that it is damn near impossible to cause body damage, barring roll overs, or whatever. My rockers have taken some good knocks, and not even reacted, aside from a few scratches of the powder coat. Saying that these mount just with nutserts misses the boat completely. Yeah, the part you see up top has nutserts, and crush sleeves, etc, but it also mounts undertneath, all total, there are 9 points where they mount per side.

And saying that rockers that are body mounted are not meant to jack the vehicle on, then I am curious what is to be said about the Rock Hard skids? This is a pic below that shows how they are mounted (body mounted, just above the pinch seam), and it also shows the indentation that is meant to be used to jack with a hi-lift. These have a bit less structural integrity than the PJ rockers, IMO, but nonetheless they include a specific design to allow for jacking on the rockers. I am not being an "internet tough guy" because that is not my thing, and not adding fuel to any fire. I post about things I know, not how things seem. The PJ rockers are the best ones out there.

The indentation seen here is used as a place for jacking with a hi-lift.

Quick Reply: Frame mounted rock sliders