Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Projectors from HIDProjectors.com

Old 03-25-2014, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Projectors from HIDProjectors.com

Is there anyone who has HID Projectors from HIDProjectors.com? I've looked at their lights and I'm in love but I haven't been able to see any installed on a jeep which makes me hesitant in buying them because I'm not sure that I want to buy a red projector and not be able to see so if anyone has them or has a picture of the light emitting from them or even comments on them that would be much appreciated ! Thanks !
Old 03-25-2014, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

I never seen anyone with HID projectors. But I have seen a few jeeps here in Dallas with the truck-lite. They cost the same and look really nice. Truck-Lite Part POI27270CK - 7" Round LED Headlamp Kit - - 4 Wheel Parts
Old 03-25-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

All the colors are just for looks on the cites for car shows, around town, Etc... The true light comes from the center circle. On the website they have a few pics of night shots. I'm saving up for these. The LEDs are good but I like the hids better IMO.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BIGNICK
All the colors are just for looks on the cites for car shows, around town, Etc... The true light comes from the center circle. On the website they have a few pics of night shots. I'm saving up for these. The LEDs are good but I like the hids better IMO.
That's exactly what Kinda comment I was looking for ! Thanks !
Old 03-25-2014, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The output is good on the hid projectors. Construction is a bit shoddy in my opinion for something that has a highly likelihood of going through water depending how you use your jeep. I have truck lites and they're ok but I did have some issues. I think I'm going to go for the KC leds or JW Speakers at some point. The Retrofit source makes some hid projectors that they call they 'morimoto sealed 7' but they require a little modification to fit the JK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2014, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Construction is a bit shoddy in my opinion for something that has a highly likelihood of going through water depending how you use your jeep.
Are you saying that you own these lights and in the installation and ongoing use this is the opinion you have formed?

I've followed the thread on the jeepforum for a long time and I don't recall seeing anything shoddy about their work. I've emailed them a couple of time and received responses right away, and see repeated places where the owner states that if anything is wrong he will make it right. That's a whole lot better than a lot of manufacturers right here in the USA.

My plan is to have them buy a new light housing painted flat black and add the black shrouds.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jake14
Is there anyone who has HID Projectors from HIDProjectors.com? I've looked at their lights and I'm in love but I haven't been able to see any installed on a jeep which makes me hesitant in buying them because I'm not sure that I want to buy a red projector and not be able to see so if anyone has them or has a picture of the light emitting from them or even comments on them that would be much appreciated ! Thanks !
The red, green or blue halos will get you stopped/ticketed/towed if you use them. That's why they have the caveat 'For off-road use only' on their website.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE="mikekeeper;3871018"] The red, green or blue halos will get you stopped/ticketed/towed if you use them. That's why they have the caveat 'For off-road use only' on their website.[/QUOTE
I owned a camaro previous to this and I've used to own oracle halos for them so I know when to use them and whatnot but I appreciate the looking out though !
Old 03-25-2014, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HID Projectors from HIDProjectors.com

Originally Posted by Unlimited_Fun
Are you saying that you own these lights and in the installation and ongoing use this is the opinion you have formed?

I've followed the thread on the jeepforum for a long time and I don't recall seeing anything shoddy about their work. I've emailed them a couple of time and received responses right away, and see repeated places where the owner states that if anything is wrong he will make it right. That's a whole lot better than a lot of manufacturers right here in the USA.

My plan is to have them buy a new light housing painted flat black and add the black shrouds.
I haven't run them, but helped a friend install his. They're just clearly something that are put together in the guy's garage and that'd make me nervous in a big puddle or water crossing. I really like the output, but I was spoiled by the fit and finish of my truck lites. The linked pictures are one set of hid projectors I've seen with condensation issues. I don't know of any others and this particular owner didn't contact hid projectors as far as I know, so we can't judge their responsiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by etl330; 03-25-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2334661357.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	540609

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3161744103.jpg
Views:	799
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	540610

I have HID projectors in my '12 Sahara. Truly awesome light. Not blue. Not blinding oncoming traffic. No flicker. No weird "X" patterns. Just lots of real useable light where it matters.

Quick Reply: HID Projectors from HIDProjectors.com